PDA

View Full Version : I donkbet twice w/ a set of 5s

SkittleBrau
07-30-2005, 12:39 PM
Ultimate Bet 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG is a bit loose/passive (35/11) and is going to far with his hands against me (by going into calling station mode). Best I can guess, he thinks I'm full of it, and this is more because he keeps folding the river against me heads up than anything else since I've been showing down good hands. MP is new, but his cold-call of UTG's raise probably says something. BB is 30/12, nothing out of the ordidary, calls alot but doesn't take much initiative after the flop.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

I donk-bet here because I didn't want to blow the BB out of the pot and if UTG raised, well MP might just cold-call again. Then I just called MP's raise because I didn't want to lose UTG.

Turn: (7 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

I was thinking here that the A might be a scare card and I didn't want it checked through.

River: (10 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

I always feel like I'm missing bets on lines like these. Is there a better one?

Girchuck
07-30-2005, 01:09 PM
3-bet the flop. The purpose of your flop bet is to 3-bet. Otherwise, you might as well check-raise. Which is what I would do with a UTG raiser. Both MP and UTG showed some strength pre-flop, so you are betting that they will not be scared of you enough to fold. In fact you are hoping that your flop 3-bet will be met with further aggression. Forget about losing UTG, you are now at war with MP.