PDA

View Full Version : Basic Question about play

kurosh
07-30-2005, 11:43 AM
I have AAxx in the BB. 2 limpers to me. I check. Flop is As Js x. I bet the pot and both call. Turn is a scareish card like a spade, K, Q or T. What do I do?

07-30-2005, 12:15 PM
Okay, you should definitely check and call here unless there is a bet+raise, since you can win if the board pairs. If it can happen in Omaha, it will, so they likely have a straight between them. Hope to pair the board.

IronDragon1
07-30-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have AAxx in the BB. 2 limpers to me. I check. Flop is As Js x. I bet the pot and both call. Turn is a scareish card like a spade, K, Q or T. What do I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

-Raise Preflop as long as you are raising a variety of hands as well
-Without relevant stack sizes and reads its really impossible to say

beset7
07-30-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally am not raising out of the BB much at all because the positional disadvantage is so great in this game. If any of the LP limpers are aggressive I will often go over a c/r on the flop. On the turn, how much money you each have left is important. I'm still betting out often. However, one of the biggest adjustments you'll need to make when switching from HE to PLO is learning how to frequently surrender the lead when you get trapped playing a pot out of position.

Just like HE there is a lot of factors that need to be considered, not the least of which are player reads, stack sizes, game texture and your table image. Knowing when to fire that second barrel and and take it down is as much art as it is science.

TheRempel
07-31-2005, 12:19 AM
Betting out in early position here on the flop gives late position callers great odds with weak draws. Check-raise top set in early position most of the time.

adam74
07-31-2005, 10:44 AM
I'm surprised to hear you suggest that. Surely betting the flop into just two other players is by far the best strategy. I'd think it unlikely that either of them will bet, since it's unlikely that either of them have an ace and unlikely that either of them have anything they'll want to bet. Of course, it depends on the texture of the game. If the guy last to act on the flop is someone who habitually pots it when it's checked to him, then trying for a check-raise becomes a better idea.

They may have odds to make a call if you bet, but if you don't bet you're giving them infinite odds. They can just check behind and take a free card.

As far as the turn goes, as other people have said, I think what you do depends on how much money you all have left.