Seat 6: Jazzman51 (800)
Seat 7: Valadore (800)
Seat 8: adam858 (800)
Seat 9: F0xyGrandma (800)
Seat 10: blvd42 (800)
nakums_01 posts small blind (10)
manivone posts big blind (15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to F0xyGrandma [ J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
carboforce folds.
bachhaiduong folds.
dust_king folds.
Jazzman51 folds.
Valadore folds.
adam858 raises (30) to 30
F0xyGrandma calls (30)
blvd42 folds.
nakums_01 raises (65) to 75
manivone calls (60)
adam858 calls (45)
F0xyGrandma calls (45)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
nakums_01 bets (725)
nakums_01 is all-In.
manivone folds.
adam858 folds.
F0xyGrandma...

What do you put villain on? I have my own thoughts, but I'll wait to see what others have to say first.

Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 8
Seat 1: Wynalda (775)
Seat 4: F0xyGrandma (785)
Seat 5: jarnforsen (813)
Seat 6: wnt2win (800)
Seat 7: boggs12 (800)
Seat 8: sluts2004 (800)
Seat 9: joshark (812)
Seat 10: Andru10 (2415)
F0xyGrandma posts small blind (10)
jarnforsen posts big blind (15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to F0xyGrandma [ J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
wnt2win folds.
boggs12 raises (30) to 30
sluts2004 folds.
joshark folds.
Andru10 folds.
Wynalda folds.
F0xyGrandma calls (20)
jarnforsen folds.
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
F0xyGrandma bets (75)
boggs12 calls (75)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 5/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
F0xyGrandma bets (125)
boggs12 calls (125)
** Dealing River ** : [ Q/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
F0xyGrandma checks.
boggs12 bets (175)
F0xyGrandma folds.

Folding this river felt weak, but his smallish bet looked like he wanted a call, which I didn't give him. Thoughts welcome on any and all streets of either hand.

Jman28
07-30-2005, 01:53 PM
You got some tough hands here.
You should specify the level, because that makes a difference here. Also, I assume you had no reads because you didn't mention any, and the hands are fairly early ones.

With the first hand, I would reraise preflop, to about 80. The second time around, the call looks fine.

I'd put this guy on 88,JJ, QQ, KK, AA, AT, or a maniac with overs.

Since you are behind most of this range, and not too far ahead of the maniac with KQ, I'd fold. But I'd be mad about it.

Hand two, again I reraise to ~80 preflop.

Flop - cool.

Turn - a smidgen more, but cool.

River - Boo-urns

He minraised preflop but hasn't been aggressive, so I'm gonna assume he's a passive semi-weak player.

The river bet does confuse me, because you would think he'd check behind a pair, which is his most likely hand, I think.

I was gonna try and put him on a range here, but I can't think of much that would bet like this. I just think you have to take the pot odds and call. You should win enough to cover it.

I may bet out on the river as well, about as much as he did, just because I still believe you're ahead (this is before his river bet) and you should get a call. If you are raised after betting out, you can fold.

All in all, these hands confuse me, and I hope some others respond.

psyduck
07-30-2005, 09:07 PM
buy in level?

rbear
07-31-2005, 12:33 AM
the first hand is an auto fold for me... there are just too many hands that have you, and he's obviously telling you he has AQ-AK or a pocket pair, .... being that 88 and 22-66 are the only ones you are ahead of, i think you get away

second one is a bit trickier, i think it depends on the buy in for this one... i think i probably fold though

rbear
07-31-2005, 12:36 AM
btw, sorry about repeating the buy in request, just posting before i read others comments to really see how i would play it, and compare...

rydazzle
07-31-2005, 02:04 PM
(forgive me if I am duplicating information, I didnt read the threads in case you exposed villians cards)

HH 1:
I dont like your call with JJ after the raise. This is acceptable in a ring game that you'll be at for a while to make you harder to read...but for SNGs I would stick in a re-raise - raise to 75 or something to go HU with adam858.

BUT, since you just called...the re-raise from SB indicates strength, but all the calls after is just weird. I am not sure what table you are at, 11s? I put villian on AK (maybe AQ if he is awful) and AA thru JJ, but you have the JJ so AA-QQ. TT is unlikely I think. Your call is fine, pot odds are ridiculously good even if you are against a higher pair...its close to 6:1ish. I call too, and be very cautious ...I dont see a J on the flop Im gone, I do and I push.

Post flop is weird based on my PF read, villian push looks weak (if he's a good player he might know he'll get paid off with a big hand). The 9 and T are scary for a set from the other callers on first look, but folds to you shows none. At this point, I change my read. villian looks like AK or QQ now, ill still give wieght to an oddly played KK or AA. I lose all my chips to a TT from villian.

I think your pot odds justify a call, but its close. I did some quick math and you need the P(villian holding AK) > 35% (the rest of the P assigned to higher pair) to be break even. I think with the push the P is better than that. I call and close my eyes.

HH 2)
Call might be ok since you are out of position (or is that the opposite?) - personally Id re-raise to see where I stand. I think you are against a set, flush draw seems too poor. I slow down on the turn.

Ok, Ill read the posts now...hope my 2 cents was worth the read.