PDA

View Full Version : AKs river c/r

setjes
07-30-2005, 10:19 AM
Villain is a 38/1/1

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button folds.

River: (8 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

I know this kind of play works better against aggro's. Still I think he'll bet his lower flush/set/crap enough to make this a profitable play.

GetThere1Time
07-30-2005, 11:05 AM
I don't like the river cap. He's not a super LAG and you hold both the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and the K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Assuming I c/r the river, I still call his 3-bet and punch my computer when I lose but I don't put in another bet. What kind of hand are you putting him on when he 3-bets the river? Even if he's a complete moron the aggressor bet into him twice and then c/r'ed the river. I'd be hard pressed to believe a guy with those stats has just a J or a naked Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif when he 3-bets your river c/r.

[ QUOTE ]
Still I think he'll bet his lower flush/set/crap enough to make this a profitable play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. His aggression factor isn't that high and more often than not you're going to miss tons of value by just firing again. I just bet the river.

As for his hand range, if he has a lower flush he might not bet the river but he'll surely call. A set just beat you. I doubt he has complete trash after he called the turn so inducing a bluff is no good. After he calls on the 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif board its safe to say he has a little something and wants to see a showdown with it.

setjes
07-30-2005, 11:22 AM
I got to admit I was kinda confused by his river 3bet. Still I didn't really fear a boat, since he must have had a set on the flop. The 3 diamonds might have scared him enough to not raise the flop tough. So I had a hard time to put him on a hand. At that moment I kinda hoped he was just getting out of line with something like a Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif or J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, but sure, I shouldn't approach it that way and be a little more realistic.

setjes
07-30-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A set just beat you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually meant trips, not a set

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt he has complete trash after he called the turn so inducing a bluff is no good

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I'd say the contrary is true. I reasoned that when he called me on the turn, he must have something indeed, so that's why he'd be more willing to bet the river when I showed weakness. I think quite some diamonds will be bet in this spot, but I'm not sure. And already fearing a boat is too weak IMO

Girchuck
07-30-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I got to admit I was kinda confused by his river 3bet. Still I didn't really fear a boat, since he must have had a set on the flop. The 3 diamonds might have scared him enough to not raise the flop tough. So I had a hard time to put him on a hand. At that moment I kinda hoped he was just getting out of line with something like a Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif or J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, but sure, I shouldn't approach it that way and be a little more realistic.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't have to have a set on the flop. A JT is all he has to have to have a boat

setjes
07-30-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He doesn't have to have a set on the flop. A JT is all he has to have to have a boat

[/ QUOTE ]

hm, yea I missed that /images/graemlins/blush.gif, how stupid
I guess this makes it even easier not to cap the river

JKDStudent
07-30-2005, 12:03 PM
I think I'd be much more inclined to c/r on the turn than the river. Then it looks more like a small flush that just [censored] a brick when the fourth diamond fell. If he has the J or Q, he'll probably bet here.

I lead the river. There are four diamonds, the board just paired, and you've been betting the whole way. There's very little a non-agg player is not checking behind you here, and if you raise, there are not a lot of times he'll just call. He's more likely to fold or 3-bet.

I just call this 3-bet and expect to be shown JT.