PDA

View Full Version : Getting Started...Intro To My Blog

07-30-2005, 05:19 AM
Hi All! I am a long time lurker on 2+2, and I would like to introduce myself, and invite you to check out my blog. I will be getting started this week with playing professionally, and hopefully my blog will act as a new wave of davidross'esqe entertainment.

http://rakewarrior.blog.com/

Getting Started...

In lieu of finding a "normal" source of employment, I have decided to give online poker a shot. I was moderately successful playing professionally online about 1.5 years ago, but due to other projects, school, etc., I was unable to really focus on it. Things are different now, so I should be able to give online poker the time and focus necessary to do it for a living.

Due to some temporary financial restrictions, based mainly on investments I have made in a project of mine, I have accepted a small staking offer from an associate of mine. I have accepted $5000 to use for poker-related expenses, occasional live play, and online play. I am allocating $3000 to be used on PartyPoker and its skins, and $1000 to be used on PokerStars, mostly for tournaments. I will be playing $3/6 Limit Hold'Em, $3/6 Limit Omaha Hi/Lo, $100 No Limit Hold'Em, and Single/Multi Table Tournaments with buy-ins ranging from $11 to $55. I will also play satellites for the larger tournaments that run online.

In addition to the regular play, I have arranged a rakeback deal which will supplement my poker earnings. For those of you who are interested, my staking deal dictates that my backer will receive 20% of my poker earnings, NOT including rakeback. For those of you who are considering accepting staking offers, you should make sure to include this, if your backer allows. It provides a "cushion" for the months that you aren't running well. With the amount I will be playing, the rakeback will amount to roughly $1500-$2000 monthly, which is definately a HUGE deal when it comes to playing and making a living at the lower limits online.

I urge you to check back often to see how things are going. I am sure you will learn quite a bit from my experiences. You will learn about what it takes to make a living as an internet poker professional, and you'll get to "experience" the ups and downs with me. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at rakewarrior(at)aol(dot)com. I will be sure to get back to you as soon as I can, which is generally within 4-6 hours.

Enjoy!
RakeWarrior