PDA

View Full Version : Checkraise allin with straight draw and overs

betgo
07-30-2005, 03:48 AM
$30 MTT on Party. Blinds 15/30. I have T3600, villain has T1100. Villain raises to 80 in 5th position. I call in BB with JTo.

Flop comes 984r. I check. Villain bets pot 175. I checkraise allin. Villain calls and shows AJo.

What do you think of my and villain's play of this hand?

CardSharpCook
07-30-2005, 04:47 AM
I hate his flop bet, but I actually really like his call. As for your play, I just don't like the size of the reraise. You really don't mind being AI on this hand, but you'd like to maximize your FE. I like a bet 2.5x his bet. Rasie to 450 or so. True, it is a little awkward given his stack size, but it is much more awkward to go AI like this given the size of the pot and the size of his bet. So I like your play, but not the size of your bet.

CSC

ThrillFactor
07-30-2005, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate his flop bet, but I actually really like his call. As for your play, I just don't like the size of the reraise. You really don't mind being AI on this hand, but you'd like to maximize your FE. I like a bet 2.5x his bet. Rasie to 450 or so. True, it is a little awkward given his stack size, but it is much more awkward to go AI like this given the size of the pot and the size of his bet. So I like your play, but not the size of your bet.

CSC

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do when the turn blanks?

yellowjack
07-30-2005, 05:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
$30 MTT on Party. Blinds 15/30. I have T3600, villain has T1100. Villain raises to 80 in 5th position. I call in BB with JTo.

Flop comes 984r. I check. Villain bets pot 175. I checkraise allin. Villain calls and shows AJo.

What do you think of my and villain's play of this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes me consider observing who is prone to calling allins with Ace high so I can do this with made hands. I'm going to try it tomorrow I think.

betgo
07-30-2005, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It makes me consider observing who is prone to calling allins with Ace high so I can do this with made hands. I'm going to try it tomorrow I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was pretty shocked to see villain's hand. The pot sized bet and call seemed like typical Internet maniac play. Then I thought he was getting something like 1.7-1 on his money. He had outs against my other likely hand, a pair of 8s or 9s I was trying to protect. I was wondering if my push gave away a draw. However, JT and 76 were the only hands I could have that give me a draw on that board. So villains play seems reckless.

The checkraise allin is not a good play if I have no folding equity and villain will call with any raising hand. However, I probably could not assume that even early in a $30 MTT.