PDA

View Full Version : Bad luck...

Mr_J
07-30-2005, 02:43 AM
Notice how during these terrible runs we're just able to predict the cards and flow of play? This would be funny/entertaining if it weren't so costly.

Dov
07-30-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Notice how during these terrible runs we're just able to predict the cards and flow of play?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really believe this, then you are probably on tilt. Take a break and save yourself a small fortune.

If you're not on tilt, then you are the fish at the table. They can read you like a book.

Either way take a break. The game will still be there later.

Mr_J
07-30-2005, 03:08 AM
"If you really believe this"

You're preaching to the choir. My post wasn't serious, just poking some fun at how during those rough stretches you *know* variance has it in for you.

Dov
07-30-2005, 03:21 AM
I wasn't 'preaching'.

I was simply responding to your post with advice that I thought would be helpful.

I'm sorry that I misunderstood.

Now that I do understand what you are saying, though, you should still keep in mind that 'variance' has no memory.

Thinking along these lines is not only not productive, but is likely to lengthen the losing streak.

If you're just having a good time, that's one thing. If you really want to cut to the chase, though, don't even joke about it.

Just always play your best. If you can't, then don't play.

Have fun.

Dov

Mr_J
07-30-2005, 03:36 AM
"If you're just having a good time, that's one thing. If you really want to cut to the chase, though, don't even joke about it."

I think joking/taking it lightly shows that I have a healthy relationship with variance. Ie don't take the swings too seriously, because they're a part of the game. I respect and understand variance.

"I was simply responding to your post with advice that I thought would be helpful."

No problem with that. I'm not the only one who would've read your reply, so I'm sure it has helped other people.