PDA

View Full Version : PokerTracker Stats

07-30-2005, 02:20 AM
After playing for a year and reading a ton of threads here for a week now I invested 50 bucks in Poker Tracker. A few questions:

People describe players primarily like this:
"The button has stats in the neighborhood of 30/8/1.5 "

What are these 3 #'s? What are good #'s for those 3 for a tight, aggressive, winning player for 3/6 or 5/10 shorthanded?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place/obvious/stupid.

Thx:-).

Calcbandit. /images/graemlins/spade.gif

bicyclekick
07-30-2005, 02:23 AM
vpip/pfr/postflop aggression

07-30-2005, 02:43 AM
thx

So the preflop raise stat is obviously included in the vpip?
That means that in the 30/8 case he limps in 22% of hands, raises 8% of hands preflop for a total vpip of 30?

07-30-2005, 09:33 AM
Can you please explain how this information can be used?

I have been wondering about it myself for some time and I can't seem to get it.

Ricardido
07-30-2005, 10:32 AM
They are indicators of a players "playing style" and can give information to people like us on how to take advantage of their styles.
If they are of a high VPIP get in position of them and wait for a big hand to get paid. If they have a low Vpip and low raise amount- you know that when they do they are going to have the goods.

POKhER
07-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Hi guys, I also recently purchased it and will explain as best i can because i was in your position a day or two ago.

THESE STATS ARE MADE UP BUT SHOWN AS REPRESENTED BY POKERACE(FREE ADD-ON FOR POKERTRACKER A MUST HAVE)

VP$IP - Volentarily Put $ in the pot
PFR - Preflop raised, THIS IS NOT OUT OF VPIP its OUT OF TOTAL HANDS(Yes Misleading IMO).
AF - Aggression factor

A guy with these stats:
14 (VPIP % out of total hands )
8 (PFR % out of total hands NOT VPIP)
4 (AF )

OUT OF 1000 hands(Obviously bigger sample size better...)

This guy is very tight, Fairly aggressive preflop, And post flop. If he raises he most likly has a great hand,If he bets the flop however this may not be taken so seriously as he is usally aggressive post flop so on rags he may just hold OVERCARDs(AK/AQ/AJo?)... Or POKETPAIR(AA/KK/QQ)... Be carefull.

This guy however...
52% VPIP(%)
1.20 PFR(%)
.98 AF
OVER 1000 HANDS

This guy called over 500 hands!!! He's preflop raised 1% of 1000 hands, and his aggression factor is fairly low.

So if he raises He prob has an awesome hand, If he bets into you/Raises preflop he probably has an awesome hand as this is VERY RARE BEHAVIOUR OF HIS.

However if he calls, and you flop a set and you bet... he calls.. you bet... he calls... He probably hold something really crap.

PLEASE WAIT FOR MORE EXPERIENCED 2+2'ers TO CONFIRM MY EXPLANATION

IF YOU OWN POKERTRACKER DOWNLOAD POKERACE ITS GREAST SOFTWARE AND WILL HELP YOU LEARN STATS IMO.

07-30-2005, 04:22 PM
Not to be a jerk, but there are lots of posts about this. Do a search. Or go to the pokertracker forums at the pokertracker site.