PDA

View Full Version : Why is it Carl's Jr. in the West and Hardee's in the East?

ChipWrecked
07-30-2005, 02:19 AM
Wtf? Can any coast-to-coast fast food consumers tell us any menu differences? I do believe Carl's Jr.'s breakfast sandwich is on sourdough while Hardee's is on a biscuit. But is that any reason for two separate names?

'Thickburger'='Six Dollar Burger'

ChipWrecked
07-31-2005, 12:19 PM
OK, nobody knows or cares. I was actually serious.

Short of answering this, can anybody tell me if the infamous Paris Hilton Carl's Jr. Ad ran under the Hardee's banner in the East?

'Cause if it didn't, you schmoes really missed out. I saw this about six times before the right-wing conspiracy killed it, and it RULED.

Linky to possibly NSFW image (http://www.thesuperficial.com/image.php?path=/archives/carlsjr_paris.jpg)

Harv72b
07-31-2005, 12:34 PM
This is based entirely on my own recollection & interpretation. I have no sources and may well be entirely wrong, but hey...it's something.

The way I understand it, Hardee's bought out several regional fast food chains some time ago, mostly in the 80's. I know that Carl's Jr. was one of them, as was Roy Rogers and a couple others which escape my mind right now. However, instead of wiping out the various menus & just going with their own, Hardee's opted to keep many of the signature items from the old chains, as well as their own traditional fare. In markets that Hardee's had not sufficiently penetrated, they kept using the name of the chain they bought out, adding to the menu but retaining a sense of familiarity for the locals (and, they hoped, keeping the regular customers). I know that here in Maryland, they gradually fazed out Roy Rogers and went entirely to Hardee's restaurants; the last Roy Rogers that I knew of closed last fall.

It may have something to do with the original franchise agreements which the owners/operators signed with the various chains, as well.

ILL34GL3
07-31-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Short of answering this, can anybody tell me if the infamous Paris Hilton Carl's Jr. Ad ran under the Hardee's banner in the East?

'Cause if it didn't, you schmoes really missed out. I saw this about six times before the right-wing conspiracy killed it, and it RULED.

Linky to possibly NSFW image (http://www.thesuperficial.com/image.php?path=/archives/carlsjr_paris.jpg)

[/ QUOTE ]
You can go ahead and stop parroting this "outrageous, controversial" marketing crap that TV pounded into your brain.

ChipWrecked
07-31-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You can go ahead and stop parroting this "outrageous, controversial" marketing crap that TV pounded into your brain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. You can go ahead and stop parroting Buster Stacks avatar.

Senor Choppy
07-31-2005, 01:26 PM
We have Hardee's here and they totally suck.

While driving around the west coast recently we ate at a Carl's Jr. and it awesome. They had some kind of burger with bacon, cheese, and ranch dressing for 99 cents that was ridiculous.

RacersEdge
07-31-2005, 02:34 PM
In ATL, Hardees is the pretty much crap. I can't even remember the last time I ate there - or know anyone who likes to go there.

Weren't they the ones who came out with the 1200 calorie monster burger or something a few months ago?

beernutz
07-31-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wtf? Can any coast-to-coast fast food consumers tell us any menu differences? I do believe Carl's Jr.'s breakfast sandwich is on sourdough while Hardee's is on a biscuit. But is that any reason for two separate names?

'Thickburger'='Six Dollar Burger'

[/ QUOTE ]

Wikipedia is your friend (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardees)

ChipWrecked
07-31-2005, 09:02 PM
Thanks. Wikipedia is fast becoming the best net resource since Google.