PDA

View Full Version : in a slump

ActionMatt
07-30-2005, 01:12 AM
i play a weekly tournament home game that typically attracts 9 - 10 players. For the past year i have dominated this game (lots of fish) placing in the top three virtually everytime and winning about 1/3 of the time. However, recently i havent been able to make a cent in this game. My confidence has not been affected, i still go to the tournament every week expecting to win. I am positive that my poker knowledge is far more vast than that of my opponents. I have been told my multiple players that they are unable to get a read on my play, but i typically have little trouble reading them. After a month or two i firmly established the table image of a super aggressive player. Now a days however, i have begun playing tighter, yet the idiots i play with fail to notice this. On average i would say i make 90% of the correct calls and laydowns and i always use my position to my advantage. I know i am better than these players and that im playing at my best... i just cant seem to win anything. Should i change my strategy or outlook on the game or just keep trying to play my game. I understand sample space and that i cant expect for the best decisiones to win every hand... but this problem seems to go deeper than the math. i need suggestions. Six months of domination... three months of busting out.

chesspain
07-30-2005, 01:38 AM
I like to move the horsey thing because of the way it can jump over the other pieces.

Dov
07-30-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On average i would say i make 90% of the correct calls and laydowns and i always use my position to my advantage. I know i am better than these players and that im playing at my best... i just cant seem to win anything. Should i change my strategy or outlook on the game or just keep trying to play my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

The main thing you should change is your attitude.

Admit that you are not very good at poker and resolve to learn more and improve. Until you do this, you are destined to lose because you really are not as good as you think you are.

Check out the strategy forums for the different limits and you'll start to see what I'm talking about.

Dov
07-30-2005, 03:05 AM
Bishop captures Knight.

Check.