PDA

View Full Version : 1st 11 SNG 1st Place (No Content)

cain06
07-30-2005, 12:01 AM
That's a lot of 1's!!

Anyways, I just wanted to self indulge in my first 10+1 victory. I just moved up from the 6's after realizing what a horrible ROI I was getting and just got my first win.

I wanna send a shout out to 2+2, Dan Harrington, and all the little people that have made this possible. (slight sarcasm)

Thank you very much Mr. Harrington for both HOHE books. I especially love the M/Q - Inflection Point sections.

Another thing I've been practicing lately which seems to be working is a push/fold strategy in heads up. Does anyone else use a P/F heads up approach?

grouchie
07-30-2005, 12:04 AM
was the HOH books a great help for SNG's?
I got the first one recently and am going to start working my way through it. Still have to pick up the 2nd one.

I'm pretty new to seriously trying SNG's, less than 50 tournies into the 11's thus far and looking to improve a good deal.

cain06
07-30-2005, 12:08 AM
I think the HOH books are great for a couple reasons.

1. The author is a proven success. One WSOP bracelet and 2 back to back final table finishes.

2. You see what is going on (and what should be going on) in the mind of a good tournament player.

3. Part 2 is all about the end game which is MUCH more difficult than the beginning stages. Reading half of the 2nd book alone will improve your results.

The books are great. Mr. Harrington and Bill R. have done a great job with them. They are probably the best stuff out there for NL.

cain06
07-30-2005, 12:11 AM
Dude... your avatar... oh man... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

mike28
07-30-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude... your avatar... oh man... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

STAIRS LOL