PDA

View Full Version : A couple 2/4 Hands vs. TAG's

McGahee
07-29-2005, 10:53 PM
Well I got about as much feedback as your girlfriend gets when she asks if she's fat when I posted these in the SS forum, so I'll quasi-Xpost it.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Villian is tight, and I guess moderately aggressive. In our only previous run-in he C/R'd my steal on the flop w/ a gutshot. Hasn't done anything crazy though.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

No spectacular postflop reads on button - he's pretty TAGish PF, has stolen my blind a couple times. I don't make a habit out of doing this, but I thought this was an OK spot for it. I'm thinking he can bet a wide range of hands in position, BB knew how to fold, and my table image wasn't too Laggy, although I did win the blind on the previous hands without a flop. Plus as Ulysses once said, "I was pretty sure I was going to make my hand". Clearly, I do a fine job of following my own "check with outs" advice when I'm on tilt /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, CO folds.

Turn: (4 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>,

Brice
07-29-2005, 11:01 PM
I think I call the first one down with the top and good kicker. You are getting 10 to 1 so investing a call is worth it at this point. You may be shown down a better hand but I think folding would be a mistake in a pretty good sized pot.

The second one is less clear. Your gut shot is worth four outs and your overcards are maybe worth 1.5 each. The queen may be worth less since it could complete someone’s straight. I would figure it good for six outs. I am not sure if a raise is the best play instead of an overcall. The button is not going anywhere and you could very well chase the BB away.

By the way, my girlfriend looks at me and says, "Your good looking no matter what."

McGahee
07-29-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
By the way, my girlfriend looks at me and says, "Your good looking no matter what."

[/ QUOTE ]

Typo - they don't usually ask if you're fat.
What makes you think somebody has KJ in Hand #2? I guess it's possible...

hemstock
07-29-2005, 11:07 PM
The first one is an easy call imo.
Second hand, I just call the turn bet. I don't think he is folding, you are still on a draw and you cannot get a free showdown. Just call.

McGahee
07-29-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The first one is an easy call imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand can a decent player have that I beat?

Brice
07-29-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What makes you think somebody has KJ in Hand #2? I guess it's possible...

[/ QUOTE ]

In micro limit, he is probably on J8o. I know this is 2/4 and the play is better but often times it is not.