PDA

View Full Version : $10r is crrrazy

WalleyeJason
07-29-2005, 10:36 PM
Its amaizing, 10 min into this rebuy tourney, and the chip leader is at 16K...How does one keep up without lowering your standards and really gambooling it up, and burning a bunch of rebuys?

WJ

billyjex
07-29-2005, 10:56 PM
you can not spend that much money and just wait for good hands. i like to gamble tohugh, any good hand preflop i will get all in with if i can, or any draw postflop.

moneymaker is right next to me in todays 10r, he definetely has the gamble..

kasey2004
07-29-2005, 11:06 PM
ya there are different stratagies for anyone... i usually gaboool it up at least some during the rebuy period. but usually just try to get JJ+ AQs+ all in preflop, or any flush draw or open ender in a multi way pot after the flop.

Oh, and Money maker was at my table the night he won it... hes pretty crazy...

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Kasey /images/graemlins/spade.gif

07-29-2005, 11:58 PM
I slightly change my game plan. The object is to get your money in with the best of it. So I will push the premiums(pf) and any top pair I hit(postflop), my starting hands stay the same so Im usually way ahead when they call. Its usually -EV because only a better hand will call, but in rebuys this is not the case. Im never really a gigastack /images/graemlins/wink.gif at the end of the period, but I can muster up an average chipstack with the same frequency as the freezouts...only now the prizepool is huge, and ive only spent 1-3 bi.

billyjex
07-30-2005, 12:23 AM
anyone still in the 25k guaranteed? 2nd break, 16k chips.

adanthar
07-30-2005, 12:28 AM
Yeah, I'm in. So far, my AK split with T9, KQ split with KT on a K72K board, AQ split with A5 and AKs split with A9s. Umm, is 3500 good at the second break?

(posting this solely because I have good luck after bad beat posts)

housenuts
07-30-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what's his name on stars?

billyjex
07-30-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what's his name on stars?

[/ QUOTE ]

money800

housenuts
07-30-2005, 12:36 AM
I'm in this 10R at stars right now too. i had a good stack 26,000 at one point but i'm down to 6,000 now.

check out my post called AKs - flopped flush draw

it was the hand that killed me. i just went out. argh!

WalleyeJason
07-30-2005, 12:36 AM
Im still in clinging to T7600 chips...Table 117

I lost half of my stack when I raised AQ and was called by AK to my left (25K), I made a continuation bet on a monotone flop. Turn was a brick so I bet out again, was called again. The river was an ace, and I bet 1/2 the pot again and was called.

Opps as I am typing this, I just got caught trying to steal with crap. Im sure he read me like a book. He re-rsised me and I went all in, he called with Ax and flop was AJJ.

Need to work on my game.

WJ

billyjex
07-30-2005, 12:54 AM
well i flamed out super quick..

first a 5k stack limped. i had 66 and rereaised to 3000 to try to pick up his chips or get him to go all in. he flat called w/ JTo and managed to hit a pair of the flop and i was committed to call him.

then i open limp w/ 33 with a very shortstack next to me, knowing if he goes all in i will call. he does, i call, and his A7 beats me on a 6644x board.

then i push w/ A8 and get called by 88.

/end rant.

adanthar
07-30-2005, 01:24 AM
After that post, I also got AA cracked by QTo that called 10K all in after 2 raises...but despite that, I actually have 30K. Weird. Well, let's see if I can outlast johnnybax.

kasey2004
07-30-2005, 04:06 AM
I was at Moneymakers table again for most of the middle stages. He built a decent stack from not too many chips. I was also building a decent stack til after the 3rd break i was around average, Then picked up AQ against what looked like a blind steal and pushed back... turned out he had KK and even though i flop 4 to a flush no spade or ace and im out. *sigh*

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Kasey /images/graemlins/spade.gif