PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about MTTs

samr
07-29-2005, 09:29 PM
Hi, just a few questions:

1. What is a "Super" event that's mentioned here often? E.g. Super Tuesday, Super Wednesday, etc?

2. Does anyone play the $10+1 MTT on Empire at 10:00 AM ($1000 guaranteed)? How many players does it usually get? How long does it take? How is the general quality of play? What are the payouts like?

3. What are good tourney books to read aside from HOH/HOH2?

4. What are common techniques to chip up in the middle of an MTT? I usually go card dead and blind away without making any "moves". Should I be notcing which players are tight-weak/passive and raise their blinds in favorable situations? Should I be raising speculative hands like 78s or JTs from LP, trying to either hit a hand or represent a big hand and win the pot via a continuation bet? What other "moves" are common/good besides the steal/resteal? What "topics" should I be learning about and trying to incorporate into my play?

Thanks.

WillMagic
07-29-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi, just a few questions:

1. What is a "Super" event that's mentioned here often? E.g. Super Tuesday, Super Wednesday, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

Party runs a 150+12 NLHE tourney M-Th at 9ET and Friday at 10ET. These are the Super Weekday tournaments, Supers for short.

[ QUOTE ]

2. Does anyone play the $10+1 MTT on Empire at 10:00 AM ($1000 guaranteed)? How many players does it usually get? How long does it take? How is the general quality of play? What are the payouts like?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, I don't play it, and I don't know how many players it gets, but I guarantee the field sucks. Just play it if you want.

[ QUOTE ]

3. What are good tourney books to read aside from HOH/HOH2?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sklansky's Tournament Poker for Advanced Players, and The Theory of Poker if you haven't yet read it.

[ QUOTE ]
4. What are common techniques to chip up in the middle of an MTT? I usually go card dead and blind away without making any "moves". Should I be notcing which players are tight-weak/passive and raise their blinds in favorable situations? Should I be raising speculative hands like 78s or JTs from LP, trying to either hit a hand or represent a big hand and win the pot via a continuation bet? What other "moves" are common/good besides the steal/resteal? What "topics" should I be learning about and trying to incorporate into my play?

[/ QUOTE ]

You just about covered it in that last paragraph. In the middle stages, open-raise more, make continuation bets, and resteal people who you think are stealing.

Will

samr
07-31-2005, 08:03 PM
Thanks Will.

Any comments from others about Empire's $10+1 10 AM multi?

petvan
07-31-2005, 09:17 PM
For 11 bucks, I'd just play it to find out what its like. Or spec a few tables?

P

burningyen
08-01-2005, 12:40 PM
Doesn't the Empire 10+1 = the Party 10+1, just under a different skin?