PDA

View Full Version : need more *general* help with mirco/small stakes SH

wond3rbr3ad
07-29-2005, 09:13 PM
I prefer to play SH vs full ring. partly because I only play 1 table at a time and get bored, partly cause SH fits my LAG style better, but whatever the reason, I tend to win little and lose big.

everyone I've asked for *articles* on SH only said to read 2+2. browsing through the first 6 pages (first like 120 threads I think), I see nothing but "help with this hand" threads. I'm mostly looking for mirco NL help but my SH limit game could use some work too. basically I'm looking for help like what hands to play where (though, I think my preflop selection is good) and more so, how to play the flop and turn against X villians. I don't even have the HHs of my last few sessions so I can't provide any sort of data, I won $150 at .5/1 NL (6-max) yesterday after buying in for $50, then lost $50 at .25/.50 and $100 at .5/1 both on another site then somehow managed to lose $20-25 at 2/4*cent* NL today that only has a max buyin of $2
I think the cards were just good to me the first session then the others are more typical of my normal play.

bds
07-29-2005, 09:40 PM
First off, most of the posts here deal with limit play, and not usually at micro limits. Lots of people have previously posted starting hand charts, for example. Search and put in the search box +starting +hands -Re: (chose the option that searches just for these words in the subject) and you find many matches. Beyond that, it really is a matter of analyzing hands, reading how others play hands and think about hands. There are tons of good books - you can find them by searching in the same way. Good luck

EvanJC
07-29-2005, 09:41 PM
before you play another hand search kazaa for patternmapper.exe and install.

wond3rbr3ad
07-30-2005, 08:23 PM
an exact hand chart isn't really the most important. a more general when to be aggressive, when to trap, when to check, etc is more of what I'm looking for. I play 2/4c NL up to .25/.50, .50/1 only sometimes, I prefer .25/.50. for limit, I play mostly .50/1 and 1/2. trying to get the BR for 2/4.

and what's that program? I already have PT, I just wasn't playing at my computer for the first session then at a site that doesn't even have HHs.

ghostface
07-30-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
before you play another hand search kazaa for patternmapper.exe and install.

[/ QUOTE ]