PDA

View Full Version : Why all the limping with AA?

Floyd Moseby
07-29-2005, 09:13 PM
I keep seeing this kind of stuff at the 22's on PP. I guess it only bothers me because I've gotten burned by them a few times lately and haven't been running well from behind.

Is this the new "move" these days? I can't really bring myself to jump on board (late stages / bubble play excluded).

valenzuela
07-29-2005, 09:20 PM
limpin AA is not terrible, in fact its not even bad, the point of limpin AA is hoping someone will raise so u can reraise. limping AA should naturally be done in early position, Ive yet to see a good example of a LP limp with aces.
Now in the enviroment of a $22 sng I dont recomend limping.

Floyd Moseby
07-29-2005, 09:23 PM
Absolutely. I'm just surprised I'm seeing it so much in MP and LP. Seriously. Of course, it's possible that I'm exagerrating a bit, based on faulty recall, but I've seen some real head scratchers.

kasey2004
07-29-2005, 09:43 PM
i have run into it a few times lately... the worst is when a player pegged as a solid, good player limps UTG *warning signals* in the somewhat later stages. This has happened to me 3 times this week 2 of which i had KK and the other QQ. sigh.

I generally will only do this at a loose aggressive table in very early position where im almost guarenteed a raise.

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Kasey /images/graemlins/spade.gif