PDA

View Full Version : Why are fish attracted to 6 max nl cash games?

Rubber Soul
07-29-2005, 08:59 PM
Not that I am complaining, but why are fish so attracted to the 6 max nl cash games? They buy in short and get destroyed. I don't understand...

JJJ88
07-29-2005, 09:04 PM
I guess fishes like to play more hands per hour.
They want to see more cards.
They want to get more good hands.
They don't have enough patience.

fimbulwinter
07-29-2005, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not that I am complaining, but why are fish so attracted to the 6 max nl cash games? They buy in short and get destroyed. I don't understand...

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesnt punish preflop looseness as harshly and they can play for a while and win without running into the nuts every hand.

fim

beset7
07-29-2005, 09:53 PM
It normalizes to some extent loose aggressive play. Though not nearly enough to save them from busting. Those short-buying fish probably have some big nights now and again.

theben
07-29-2005, 10:01 PM
maybe the fish want to pretend its WPT night

WildDan
07-29-2005, 10:07 PM
My friend (I use the term loosely.. think more along the lines of 'person I take money from on a regular basis') likes to play online at the 6 max tables because he feels it more closely resembles the home games he plays in, where there are less people and more aggression.

07-29-2005, 10:24 PM
back when i didnt know what i was doing...(hehe, as if that doesnt hold true today).

I would play the 6handed tables because I felt I could do better with less ppl at the table. But that's about it, it took a while b4 i realized that the blinds would go around slower in full rings /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Thats how fish think, very shortsightedly, before I found this site. I knew of position and pot odds but never considered them relevant /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rubber Soul
07-30-2005, 12:19 PM
Thanks for all the responses... I always forget that at lower limits the vast majority of the players have done little study into the game...

-Skeme-
07-30-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
back when i didnt know what i was doing...(hehe, as if that doesnt hold true today).

I would play the 6handed tables because I felt I could do better with less ppl at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Psy_Mike
07-30-2005, 02:16 PM
In my experience the SH NL50 games are generally filled with people who pay more attention to betting patterns and developing some sort of read on players. I like SH play due to me getting more involved in the table and get a better feel for the players etc. The low buy-ins usually don't stay very long though on the tables, imo :/

Rubber Soul
07-30-2005, 08:57 PM
The only tables I look for are those with several low buy-in players. Takes awhile to find them sometimes and you may have to wait several minutes to find a decent or very good one, but they always can be found on any of the larger sites... I hope these low buy-in 6 max players never dry up...