PDA

View Full Version : kq

POKhER
07-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Button PT stats = 50/0/.53 OVER 100 HANDS.
PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.10 (All-In).

Turn: (3.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (3.70 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: 3.70 BB]

I'm fed up of passive guys calling me down and beating my bluffing aggresive bets. So i wondered..how do you think i playedthis?

Preflop call EP is ok right KQo? SSH i think says this.

Check flop, I know some of you bet this? OK but do you fold to this bet?

SoftcoreRevolt
07-29-2005, 08:51 PM
Raise this preflop, and dump on the flop as you did.

Shillx
07-29-2005, 08:54 PM
I would fold this.

If the flop were J /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and I had KQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif I would raise everytime.

Brad

12ozLongneck
07-29-2005, 08:56 PM
KQo is a PF raise for me.

On the flop, you have the nut nothing and you're getting bet into by a very passive player. I'm folding here.

POKhER
07-29-2005, 08:56 PM
raise, Even with the better most likly holding (what we would assume) is a jack? and we havin 7:1 to improve(to better hand we hope).

Im getting slaughtered by passive callers who just keep calling me down, so im trying to find the bestmoments to stop firing away at the flops/Turns etc trying to make the oponant fold.

Killing my BR /images/graemlins/smile.gif and winding me up.

07-29-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Im getting slaughtered by passive callers who just keep calling me down, so im trying to find the bestmoments to stop firing away at the flops/Turns etc trying to make the oponant fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fire with +EV, stop firing with -EV.

You WANT passive callers, quit complaning.

Fantam
07-29-2005, 09:02 PM
You were correct to fold the flop with this hand.

If you are playing loose tables, then raising preflop with KQo is fine from early position, because your starting hand is likely to be much better than most of your opponents.

POKhER
07-29-2005, 09:08 PM
Small Stakes Holdem chart says to call in EP?

Add some variation now, what do you do here?

Button now(Same hand but lets say its new guy) is 14/4.7/2.4

-----------------------------------------------

Variation 2

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>

SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero .....

Aggressive guy now, so do we assume its a bluff? HAs he got an ace? Tiny pot fold? Whats the factors in your decision.

------------------

SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.10 (All-In).

Turn: (4.20 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

<font color="red"> Button bets</font> , Hero?

Raise? Fold? Call?

------------------

GUY IS VERY PASSIVE PRE/POST FLOP NOW

SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.10 (All-In).

Turn: (4.20 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

<font color="red"> Button bets</font> , Hero?

Raise? Fold? Call?

POKhER
07-29-2005, 09:09 PM
Yeh but betting when the pot is less than your odds???

How do i know what my EV is? I dont quiet understand your comment.

Thanks for explanation in advanced,
POKhER.
p.s. Most times im beat by anything, because im totally bluffing unless i catch my 7:1 odd to improve.

SoftcoreRevolt
07-31-2005, 02:41 AM
Don't call with just undercards, especially with people left to act behind you. The bettor could be aggressive, passive, whatever. You are drawing to LESS than top pair and will more often than not lose when you improve your 6 out draw.

AngelicPenguin
07-31-2005, 02:44 AM
Grunch
I'd raise preflop. The hand will be much easier after that. The way it went down I'd fold the flop since I don't know that I really have any outs here.

PokerBob
07-31-2005, 02:48 AM
raise preflop