PDA

View Full Version : If Annie Duke got divorced, shouldn't she be Annie Lederer once again?

KSOT
07-29-2005, 08:40 PM
Why would she keep his last name?

TomCollins
07-29-2005, 08:50 PM
You are joking, right?

She's one of the most marketable names in poker. Why would she change that?

Russ McGinley
07-29-2005, 09:04 PM
Thanks to Dynasty (or whichever mod it is) for moving these pointless threads out of the WPT forum.

Rick Nebiolo
07-29-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps for the sake of the children.

playersare
07-29-2005, 09:30 PM
my mom kept her married name. it's not a big deal

Deftoner
07-29-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quicksilvre
07-29-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides, who is she more famous as: Annie Duke or Annie Lederer?

razor
07-29-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Redonkulous... 53

stabn
07-30-2005, 12:41 AM
How old are you?

KSOT
07-30-2005, 05:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How old are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old enough jerkoff. Every divorced woman I know of went back to their maiden name.

MyMindIsGoing
07-30-2005, 05:37 AM
"Every divorced woman I know of went back to their maiden name."

Apperently not.

KSOT
07-30-2005, 06:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Every divorced woman I know of went back to their maiden name."

Apperently not.

[/ QUOTE ]

... Are you really unable to put together that my statement did not include the divorcee in question?

MyMindIsGoing
07-30-2005, 07:26 AM
No. You realy should stop making these kind of pointles posts though.

stabn
07-30-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How old are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old enough jerkoff. Every divorced woman I know of went back to their maiden name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many do not. Especially ones in the public eye.

MrMon
07-30-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How old are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Many do not. Especially ones in the public eye.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also quite possible she legally went back to Lederer and continues to use Duke as a stage name. That happens all the time as well. "Annie Duke" is a valuable property, "Annie Lederer" is Howard's little sister.

dsm
07-30-2005, 01:49 PM
My mom kept my Dad's last name after the divorce, and still retains it to this day. There are few reasons I can think of:

1) My mother had two kids at the time of the divorce; my brother and myself (I was six, my brother nine). She felt it would be psychologically better for my brother and I if she kept the name. We had just gone through the family being torn apart, why create more confusion for us kids? Plus she was afraid changing her name might create a sense of separation between her and the two of us (her's being Willer, and us two retaining the Martin name). I think Annie Duke has kids, so it's something to consider.

2) My mom's maiden name was Willer, Marjorie Willer. Now it's Marjorie Martin. Which has a better ring to it? I think, and she thinks, the latter has better sound to it, probably because both names start with the letter "M." Marjorie Martin.

3) Lastly, it's a pain in the arss getting everthing that's already in your name changed: drivers licence, the deed to your home, social security, insurance claims, etc..

-dsm http://www.geocities.com/~jbenz/gr_ani.gif

LittleOldLady
07-30-2005, 02:58 PM
I kept my married name after my divorce because (a) I was well known professionally by my married name and had published under it,(b)it is my son's name, and (c) it is shorter and more common than my maiden name.

LargeCents
07-30-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Every divorced woman I know of went back to their maiden name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every divorced woman I know kept her married name. I never knew a woman to go back to her previous name. But, I can understand it, I guess, especially if the divorce was messy. I never really thought about it.

My aunt, interestingly, kept her "maiden" name after she got married. I always thought that was pretty cool. Now, after knowing her husband for many years, I think HE should have taken HER name! lmao. She brought more professional credibility and income to the relationship. But I digress.

Atarirob
07-31-2005, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How old are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many famous divorced women do you know of who went back to their last name. Most notably ones that didn't marry someone famous. She made the last name Duke more known and marketable then her husband.

Alyssa
07-31-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you care? Get a life.

beernutz
07-31-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How old are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you don't know many divorced women.

LargeCents
07-31-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How old are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old enough to jerkoff. Every divorced woman I know of went back to their maiden name.

[/ QUOTE ]

KSOT
07-31-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you care? Get a life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you care what I post? Get a life.

cokehead
07-31-2005, 05:12 PM
I know a woman who got divorced and kept her married name. Then she remarried, and kept her first husband's name instead of taking the seconds. Never really understood that one.