PDA

View Full Version : Another New Car/ Credit question

STLantny
07-29-2005, 08:38 PM
When I was 18/19 I ran up some bills, 5 or 6k, I made payments on some, not on others, I have a couple that I let go for over 120 days etc. I credit score is between 605-625, somewehre in there. I paid everything off about a year ago, and have no debt, other than school loans (which I dont owe on till graduation), and no "real" credit cards, other than a Lowe's and Target CC. Where/who should I go to to get everything fixed up? Id like 700+ if possible.

ilovemyZ
07-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Keep paying your bills on time and keep low balances on your credit cards. Past due payments stay on your report for 7 years. There is no quick fix.

STLantny
07-29-2005, 08:54 PM
I dont really even use my CC anymore, now that I have the cash to buy whatever. Should I open a Visa, and use it sparingly? I have no balanced on any of the credit cards I do have. There's no quick fix? I have heard you can dispute credit marks, etc? Not the most ethical thing, but neither are the CC giants.

Patrick del Poker Grande
07-29-2005, 09:17 PM
It doesn't hurt to use your credit card to the extent that you can pay it off completely every month. That's what I'd do - buy everything with your card and be sure to be keeping track of it so you're not spending any more than if you were paying cash. It takes discipline, but is a good practice.

Hiding
07-29-2005, 09:42 PM
There are lawyers/companies that specialize in "fixing" your credit score, let your fingers do the walking

SossMan
07-29-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont really even use my CC anymore, now that I have the cash to buy whatever. Should I open a Visa, and use it sparingly? I have no balanced on any of the credit cards I do have. There's no quick fix? I have heard you can dispute credit marks, etc? Not the most ethical thing, but neither are the CC giants.

[/ QUOTE ]

what's wrong w/ the CC giants? you're the one who didn't pay your bill.

STLantny
07-30-2005, 12:42 AM
In my case ya, it was all my fault. If you fail to realize that, in general, CC companies are evil, you are a moron.