PDA

View Full Version : DONK! (xposted)

baronzeus
07-29-2005, 08:38 PM
No reads!

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.33 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero.... ????

shant
07-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Raise. A million draws are betting this flop into you.

Shillx
07-29-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise. A million draws are betting this flop into you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but KT /images/graemlins/spade.gif just laughs his ass off when you raise him here since he is the favorite. If you think that he has a draw here (this is a good assumption), call now and then raise the turn when it misses. Make him pay 2 BB at 2:1 odds rather then 2 SB at 9:10 odds.

Brad

shant
07-29-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but KT /images/graemlins/spade.gif just laughs his ass off when you raise him here since he is the favorite. If you think that he has a draw here (this is a good assumption), call now and then raise the turn when it misses. Make him pay 2 BB at 2:1 odds rather then 2 SB at 9:10 odds.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but you're assuming he has a draw that makes him a favorite, and that he'll bet the turn again when we call this flop. I'm not sure either is true the majority of the time.

HolyBejeesus
07-29-2005, 09:12 PM
What turn cards are you comfortable raising? Pretty much all of them complete a draw, pair the board, or are overs to your 88.

McGahee
07-30-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but you're assuming he has a draw that makes him a favorite, and that he'll bet the turn again when we call this flop. I'm not sure either is true the majority of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear a lot of of people say this, but I play a bit of poker and I don't see the bet flop, check turn line very often HU.

SmileyEH
07-30-2005, 03:51 PM
I think calling and raising every turn is fine.

-SmileyEH

A_C_Slater
07-30-2005, 04:02 PM
After calling the flop do we fold the turn if the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif hits?

SmileyEH
07-30-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After calling the flop do we fold the turn if the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif hits?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, we have the 8s. I still raise.

-SmileyEH

A_C_Slater
07-30-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, we have the 8s. I still raise.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting only 4.5 to 1 with a possibly tainted flush draw?

Entity
07-30-2005, 04:31 PM
I call the flop and raise the turn here very very frequently.

shant
07-30-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
We're going for a free showdown here I assume.

Chairman Wood
07-30-2005, 06:50 PM
I would say so, with a good read against a fisherrific player you could bet the river.

Entity
07-30-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
We're going for a free showdown here I assume.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the river card. I often bet the river and MHIG. King Yao has several posts on how bets like these are usually hands like 77/A5/A6/K5/K6 and not so often hands like KQ/QJ. Seems to be true even more so as I've moved up.

Rob

shant
07-30-2005, 07:12 PM
I need to get that book.

Entity
07-30-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I need to get that book.

[/ QUOTE ]

He actually mentioned it in some posts in HUSH, I don't remember seeing it in the book.

Rob

winky51
07-30-2005, 08:07 PM
In my experience most players always think you got AK.

I would raise and bet the turn if checked to... check checking the river. Be sure to raise pretty quickly like you would as if you had AQ. If you delay to think that will imply weakness and he might bet again.

If you raise the flop he calls and bets the turn w/o the draw hit probably your done.

If 2 overs were on the board like a K and Q, I would fold.

If at anytime you get raised your done with the hand. Thats really the cheapest way to find out your ahead or not.

He could have a draw or a small pair.

Nick C
07-30-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear a lot of of people say this, but I play a bit of poker and I don't see the bet flop, check turn line very often HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see it all that often either. And people seem to use the line against me even less frequently than I see it generally.