PDA

View Full Version : 20+2, JJ first hand

SirKraggen
07-29-2005, 07:52 PM
I get JJ on the very first hand of a 20+2. Since it's the first hand I don't have any reads and I don't have any notes on people having only played around 200 of these.

I'm very much in doubt about this. Should I fold to mmcmanus26 initial raise? I don't like just calling with 6 players to act behind me.

And finally, should I call the all-in bet?

I'll post the rest of the action later (Don't worry, no bad beats /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Table Table 99999 (Real Money)
Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 2: Neckerbait ( $800 )
<font color="red"> Seat 8: HERO ( $800 ) </font>
<font color="blue"> Seat 5: mmcmanus26 ( $800 )</font>
<font color="green"> Seat 3: steenfris ( $800 )</font>
Seat 6: anttamnicbaq ( $800 )
Seat 7: DraginNutz ( $800 )
Seat 10: killercp ( $800 )
Seat 1: CapeCodMan ( $800 )
Seat 4: PAIR_IT_HEAD ( $800 )
Seat 9: Flip_Dog ( $800 )
Trny:14359915 Level:1 Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
<font color="red">Dealt to HERO[ Jd Js ]</font>
Neckerbait calls [15].
<font color="green"> steenfris calls [15].</font>
PAIR_IT_HEAD folds.
<font color="blue"> mmcmanus26 raises [90].</font>
anttamnicbaq folds.
DraginNutz folds.
<font color="red">HERO raises [275].</font>
Flip_Dog folds.
killercp folds.
CapeCodMan folds.
Neckerbait folds.
<font color="green"> steenfris calls [260].</font>
<font color="blue"> mmcmanus26 is all-In [710]</font>

HERO ?

kuro
07-29-2005, 08:02 PM
Don't reraise with deep stacks and JJ (it's just not strong enough). Call and see a flop with position on the initial raiser. These guys can't fold AK pre flop, but they can fold on the flop if they miss.

KramerTM
07-29-2005, 08:09 PM
Are you good enough to come back from a 90 chip deficit? I call here and look for a nice looking flop. Be willing to call an all-in if the flop is all unders. If he has a higher PP, well.. you would have lost your stack if you pushed PF anyway. He might move in with AK (this is a popular move at the 11s) if the flop is all rags and pay you off. I'd fold if the flop had at least 2 overs to your Jacks. I might be willing to call a smallish bet if just a K or a Q flops.

SirKraggen
07-30-2005, 01:04 AM
Thanks, I appriciate the feedback.

I folded, steenfris called and the showed TT (mmcmanus26)and AQ (steenfris).

Obviously, if I'm going to fold that then either call the 90 bet (and folding if there's any more PF bets) or simply folding are better options.

I guess a case can be made for pushing, since it's 20+2 and it's friday /images/graemlins/smile.gif