PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me I suck so I wont do this again

07-29-2005, 07:12 PM
I've been playing around with being more agressive with 4-6 players to try an increase my first place finish dist.

However, I need someone to tell me this move was terrible, and that you would never do it without a good read. $11 SNG. Thanks.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1055)
BB (t720)
UTG (t1050)
MP (t2470)
Button (t2705)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
t150. </font>

MP Raises (300) to t300
HERO Pushes

brimstone1
07-29-2005, 07:16 PM
You posted a 50 blind, and have 10BB.

Not the place to push.

You're not desperate at all, not even by a mile.

Why fcuk around with the bigger stack with KQo?

I highly doubt you suck, just be more patient.

Be selectively aggressive, not blindly.

"gg"

KramerTM
07-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Believe me, I've tried this before. I haven't really kept track of the success, but I'd venture to say that it worked about 20% of the time on average.

That said, I think doing this without ANY read might be suicide. The time I chose to make this move was when the raiser had been making enough raises that I know he might not be raising a better hand. If we think he's raising weaker Kings, Ax, or high suited connectors (T9+), then I think this play becomes profitable.

By the way, if Hero gets called with A2 here... are we "happy" with this call long-term?

KramerTM
07-29-2005, 07:20 PM
PS -- If you sucked, you would have went to bed convinced you made the right move and it would have never occurred to you to post the hand on 2+2 to see what others thought.

Conclusion: You no sucky!

wuwei
07-29-2005, 07:21 PM
You suck /images/graemlins/frown.gif

valenzuela
07-29-2005, 07:21 PM
look...if u ask to be berate u wont get berate, now if u would have instead just posted the hand u would have been berated.