PDA

View Full Version : LAGgy bluffers, how to handle them.

winky51
07-29-2005, 07:10 PM
Recently I encountered a new kind of bluffer and I had to put a lot of thought on how to handle this one. I am curious what other people think.

HU he always raises and reraises PF.

He always raises and reraises the flop, turn and river.

He always bets.

He never folds.

He does this every hand. Maniac to the extreme. He could have AK or 72o.

What kind of hands do you raise? Call down? fold?

Would you even call down with K high

SinCityGuy
07-29-2005, 07:20 PM
I show a good profit by just playing passively against these types of opponents when I have a marginal hand. Just check and call and go to showdown.

mscags
07-29-2005, 07:29 PM
I was playing this guy the other day that was exactly the smae as you describe. If you want you can PM me with the name and I'll let you know if it is the same guy. He was like 80/65 over around 200 hands. I was kind of confused myself how to play him. Usually I would just jam everytime I caught a decent piece of the flop. I should have run up a good 600-700 on him but he hit runner runner for straights twice when that was the ONLY thing that could have beat me. I don't know, if I have a seat to his left than I try to isolate the hell out of him with reraises pf. The only problem with that is that this guy seemed to loosen everyone up else as well. Playing 6handed almost every pot was 5handed for at least 2-3 bets PF.

slik
07-29-2005, 07:53 PM
when the whole table loosens up, sometimes its better to cold call the maniac than to try to isolate him because it wont work - unless you have a premium hand. but postflop headup seems fairly fairly straightforward. i call with draws (never semi bluff). if i have top pair i wait to turn or even river to raise. and call down with any pair. i would not call down with ace or king high unless i missed a draw on the river. i'd 3 bet and cap the likes of AK and AQ preflop so that I can call down with those to the river. you should show a very nice profit with this seemingly predictable strategy. if he catches on, he will slow down, in which case you adapt as well.

ctv1116
07-29-2005, 08:29 PM
these guys are rare, probably because they do not last very long.

JoshuaD
07-29-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LAGgy bluffers, how to handle them.

[/ QUOTE ]

See a showdown with nearly anything you get seriously involved with. See cheap flops with hands like 78s if you can. Raise the big streets for value.

winky51
07-29-2005, 08:43 PM
Yup just as I figured. Passive call down play when you at least hit a pair or even A high if he just keeps betting with any hand.

Some bluffers try their bluffs after the flop. For these I also consider their position and what they would call with.