PDA

View Full Version : Heads up: There's got to be a much better way to play this hand

jskinn04
07-29-2005, 06:31 PM
Please let me know a better way to play this hand including approximate bet sizes you would use. My opponent seemed to be a reasonably decent player who was on the passive side.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t2814)
BB (t5186)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t275</font>, BB calls t200.

Flop: (t625) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t625) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t150</font>, Hero calls t150.

River: (t925) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t150</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t1075

The Yugoslavian
07-29-2005, 06:34 PM
You can probably get him to fold on the flop a very high % of the time. I think a bet to t450 isn't a bad idea. You also can then move him off of his hand on the turn if a blank hits.

Yugoslav

xLukex
07-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Raise more preflop or push preflop.

07-29-2005, 06:40 PM
I think its too small of blinds to push preflop. I agree that a simple bet on the flop is in order. Your KQ might be good, plus you can get him to drop hands like A3. If he calls, there is a good chance you can get a free turn and river in hopes to hit a pair.

jskinn04
07-29-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can probably get him to fold on the flop a very high % of the time. I think a bet to t450 isn't a bad idea. You also can then move him off of his hand on the turn if a blank hits.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

If I bet 450 on the flop and get called, should I bet the turn if my hand hasn't improved. If so, how much would you bet?

octaveshift
07-29-2005, 06:46 PM
1. Bet the flop.
2. Turn bet looks super weak. Depending on read, I might push and shut him down. Depends heavily on villain.
3. River bet is a joke. You are getting 10:1. Look him up.

The Yugoslavian
07-29-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

If I bet 450 on the flop and get called, should I bet the turn if my hand hasn't improved. If so, how much would you bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

All of these things depend. I think at least you should bet that flop or be prepared to take the pot away from him after his weak turn bet. The turn card most likely didn't make his hand and he probably doesn't have a high enough club to go all out.

If your opponent calls a flop bet of t450 and then checks again with that turn card I'd fire another barrel. You have the betting impetus and I highly doubt he's sophisticated enough to be value calling unless he lucked into some monster hand.

Yugoslav

nate_king1
07-29-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise more preflop or push preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

valenzuela
07-29-2005, 07:23 PM
I just push preflop if Im busy on another table, if that aint the case I bet 650, so I can shove it in psotflop.

mmbt0ne
07-29-2005, 07:27 PM
I hate pushing preflop. You have almost 19BB, it can't be worth it. That said, I would like to raise to something more like 3BB preflop. I would also throw out a bet on the flop.

jskinn04
07-29-2005, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. So here's the situation when I bet 450 on the flop and get called. There's 1600 in the pot. I have about 2000 left and he has 4400. The only bet that I could see making on the turn is all-in. Do you see any other bets that would make sense. Checking allows me to avoid risking my whole stack, but the pot is already almost that big. Given this situation, would you (1) move all-in, (2) check, or (3) bet a different amount?

[/ QUOTE ]

All of these things depend. I think at least you should bet that flop or be prepared to take the pot away from him after his weak turn bet. The turn card most likely didn't make his hand and he probably doesn't have a high enough club to go all out.

If your opponent calls a flop bet of t450 and then checks again with that turn card I'd fire another barrel. You have the betting impetus and I highly doubt he's sophisticated enough to be value calling unless he lucked into some monster hand.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

jskinn04
07-29-2005, 09:35 PM
Okay. So here's the situation when I bet 450 on the flop and get called. There's 1600 in the pot. I have about 2000 left and he has 4400. The only bet that I could see making on the turn is all-in. Do you see any other bets that would make sense. Checking allows me to avoid risking my whole stack, but the pot is already almost that big. Given this situation, would you (1) move all-in, (2) check, or (3) bet a different amount?