PDA

View Full Version : I love it when 2nd big stack calls your all-in on the bubble.

tigerite
07-29-2005, 06:13 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t4610)
UTG (t2145)
Button (t370)
SB (t875)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG raises (t600), 2 folds, Hero raises all-in, UTG... calls!

Flop: (t450) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Turn: (t450) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

River: (t450) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Final Pot: t450

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 3d 8c (one pair, eights).
UTG has Td Ah (high card, ace).
Button doesn't show.
SB doesn't show.
Outcome: Hero wins t6905. </font>

Easiest win ever after that..

microbet
07-29-2005, 06:22 PM
This is an interesting play that I think depends a lot on your opponent. Without a read, I think this is -$EV in an 800 chip game.

For this push to work I think they have to be a donkey (they minraised into big stack - hopefully without a monster) who is afraid of losing the $.

I'm sure you weren't really happy he called, at first.

tigerite
07-29-2005, 06:24 PM
He had laid down an earlier all-in from me, so I thought he would be capable of doing it here, too. Especially considering

Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter

Button (t370)
SB (t875)

I am sure his call was far, far more -EV. Even if he calls and wins, I'm a shoe-in for ITM and probably 2nd.

microbet
07-29-2005, 06:34 PM
No doubt his call terrible.

I'm not sure his bending over earlier in this tourney was good for you here. He may have even thought he was trapping you with a mighty AT. You were in the game, so I'll defer to your judgement. Just in general, I think biting off someone's raise is a risky proposition in the lower buyins.

What were you doing between 11/29/04 4:53pm EST and 6/02/05 5:01 am EST?

07-29-2005, 06:41 PM
This has no poker conetent but..

how did you get the convertor to work??
I really cant. What was the input?

Thanks

jon462
07-29-2005, 06:41 PM
i like stop and go push here much better. he's folding AK\AQ on any flop he misses, maybe even folds 1010 on that flop - where as he traps himself into calling PF with those hands.

tigerite
07-29-2005, 06:43 PM
Sorry? You lost me.. you mean when I wasn't here? I took a break from poker for a while, I just lost interest and then came back refreshed. Strangely, it wasn't even after I'd been running bad or something. I'd just gone back to the $50s and had a ridiculous heater at them, then stopped. I'm now having a ridiculous heater at the $20s, too, but not stopping this time /images/graemlins/grin.gif. It's like the opposite to the bad beat posts. You go all in with 77 on the bubble, called by 88 and somehow know you'll spike a set (I did), for instance.

tigerite
07-29-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i like stop and go push here much better. he's folding AK\AQ on any flop he misses, maybe even folds 1010 on that flop - where as he traps himself into calling PF with those hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have HUGE FE here (or should have unless he's a total donk). The other two stacks are so ridiculously short, he folds and he's a shoe-in for 2nd. Why be all weak-tight and stop and go.

tigerite
07-29-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This has no poker conetent but..

how did you get the convertor to work??
I really cant. What was the input?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

It was from SNG tracker, so I just took out the 'Texas' part. I had to put the pot amounts in manually, though.

BadMongo
07-29-2005, 08:00 PM
As long as you don't have the guy pegged as a total moron (which he obviously was in this case), I actually like this play a lot. I've started doing this occasionally at the 33s, with good results. I think even a mediocre player would lay down a hand like AT here. Even IF you are called, you can still suckout as you did in this case. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

psyduck
07-29-2005, 08:09 PM
hee hee I play it the same /images/graemlins/smile.gif that guy is an idiot

jon462
07-29-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have HUGE FE here (or should have unless he's a total donk). The other two stacks are so ridiculously short, he folds and he's a shoe-in for 2nd. Why be all weak-tight and stop and go.

[/ QUOTE ]

say waht? How is a stop and go weak-tight? It maximizes your FE. There are a lot of donks in this situation who either think they are trapping you with A10, or else raise thinking you would fold 83o and push better hands, but then whne you do push just cant let go of their ace. It worked out this time, but you dont want them calling you with A10o or whatever. Folding is much worse than pushing, imo, but stop and go maximizes the chanc eyou can steal the pot.

jedi
07-29-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

say waht? How is a stop and go weak-tight? It maximizes your FE. There are a lot of donks in this situation who either think they are trapping you with A10, or else raise thinking you would fold 83o and push better hands, but then whne you do push just cant let go of their ace. It worked out this time, but you dont want them calling you with A10o or whatever. Folding is much worse than pushing, imo, but stop and go maximizes the chanc eyou can steal the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather stop and go with a mediocre hand like 77 rather than complete trash. Folding equity was HUGE here, he didn't need to maximize it with a stop and go. Villain has an easy fold to make. Too bad he didn't too it (well, good for hero and small stacks).