PDA

View Full Version : K9o messup?

SomethingClever
07-29-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm at a good table that's getting a little short. Running 3-handed at the moment, in fact.

I'm in the SB with K9o. LAG button (65/10/1.5) limps, I raise. Loose preflop but unknown postflop BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: Q97 rainbow. I bet out and both players call.

Turn: Q. I check.

My thought process: The additional Q means that my hand is more likely to be good. However, I feel there's a good chance he will raise in this spot whether he has a Q or not, and I will have to call down. I plan calling his inevitable bet, and possibly donkbetting the river depending on what falls.

BB bets, Button raises (!), I fold.

Is the best line betting out and calling down if raised?

alta_chuttes
07-29-2005, 05:40 PM
bet and call a raise. if you expect them to bet if you check or raise if you bet, and you expect to have the best hand the great majority of the time, dont you want 2 as opposed to 1 bet going in on the turn?

07-29-2005, 05:42 PM
This is a fascinating hand. I have no idea how to correctly play it.

wheelz
07-29-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My thought process: The additional Q means that my hand is more likely to be good. However, I feel there's a good chance he will raise in this spot whether he has a Q or not, and I will have to call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then let him put in 3 BB with the worst hand instead of 2. Have to bet this turn.

SomethingClever
07-29-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you expect them to bet if you check or raise if you bet, and you expect to have the best hand the great majority of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's the "great majority" I'm not so sure about.

How often can I expect to be ahead if I bet and he raises? Even knowing he's loose and aggressive and capable of some crap, I have to think it's less than 1/2 the time, maybe like 1/3.

I can't do the Sklansky style analysis on this... someone wanna help me?

Catt
07-29-2005, 06:02 PM
Lambast me, but I don't raise this from the SB if BB is really loose pre-flop. Raises don't get much respect 3-handed anyway, and though K9o is nice (anything braodway or nearly so is nice) it seems that there is a really good chance of this being 3 players on the flop with me acting first. I'll keep the extra SB I would spend by raising PF as dry powder and use it to ck-raise a large number of flops instead (acting from a blind).

Fianchetto
07-29-2005, 06:21 PM
The preflop raise is a bit frisky with K9o, isn't it.

I think you should continue to lead and bet this turn, your hand is still quite vulnerable to a number of overcards. Plus, by leading it is less likely you will face the uncomfortable situation of facing two cold on the turn and possibly getting blown off the best hand.

JoshuaD
07-29-2005, 08:22 PM
Just keep betting. The only reason to check here is to check-raise, and you're not strong enough to do that.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 3 handed against 2 loosies.

Catt
07-29-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 3 handed against 2 loosies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I respectfully don't think that is a good reason to raise here. I actually think it is a good reason to complete.