PDA

View Full Version : Anyone freezing on HP Pavillion laptop?

BIGRED
07-29-2005, 04:25 PM
I have a HP Pavillion laptop (not sure about the exact model number) that I bought about 8 months ago. Soon after I bought it, I started having freezing problems on it whenever I played poker. I play on Party, Empire, and Eurobet. At first I thought it might be some kind of a virus problem so I went and used HJT (hi jack this) which I've used before successfully to clean my other computers.

I'm pretty sure my computer is clean, but I can't figure out why it freezes whenever I play poker on it. It's fine when I do other things, but it's only when I'm playing poker that it freezes... which implies that there's something with the Party skins software that's causing this, but this can't be true since they run fine on other computers.

So can there be something about Party skins software when running on whatever hardware/software that's on HP Pavillion that's causing this chronic freezing problem?

BusterStacks
07-29-2005, 04:27 PM
try reformatting.

BIGRED
07-29-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
try reformatting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what that is.

Is that when you insert a cd that comes with the computer that basically wipes everything out and gets your computer to the state that it was in when you first bought it?

Eldon
07-30-2005, 03:19 PM
Service Pack 2 helped some but the biggest improvement was getting a fanpack for the laptop to sit on.

Went from hourly freezeups, to freezeups every 3 hours, to freezeups every other day.