PDA

View Full Version : 3bet the turn?

jfresh
07-29-2005, 04:13 PM
SB is kind of loose, don't have read on the other player

i figure my hand is best, but it seems like my cards are face up and the other guy still throws in a protected-pot raise... push him back?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (10 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, SB calls, Hero...?

07-29-2005, 04:23 PM
Im inclined to call this in a 3-way pot rather than raise the turn. It is a bit hard to say where you are... SB might have flopped two ragged pair (or top pair, even), in which case you're head of him, but MP's raise is concerning because there's some chance you're up against 22 or a poorly played 88. OTOH, MP could also be raising on a hand like A8 or A2s thinking he is ahead (or less likely, raising a club draw). The problem with raising the turn is that you have 4 good outs against a set (assuming AA and KK arent out there), so you would hate to be raised and then have to pay off the river. I would call, and then check-call the river. It seems weak even as Im typing it, but that's my play.

Redd
07-29-2005, 04:37 PM
Looks more like A8 K/images/graemlins/club.gifx/images/graemlins/club.gif than anything else, so I guess I'd 3-bet it. I have no idea what the crap SB is representing here.

bdk3clash
07-29-2005, 05:18 PM
I'd 3-bet this turn. SB has already called two cold and will call another two if you 3-bet and it gets capped or if you 3-bet and MP calls, so you're likely getting 2:1 on the turn raise whether MP caps or not.

If MP calls the 3-bet I'm leading the river; if he caps I'm check-calling the river and expecting 88 or 22. SB I'll guess had K8 and just wants to get to showdown.

baronzeus
07-29-2005, 05:22 PM
I think 3betting here is fine. If MP1 was helped by the ace, you were helped by it even more.