PDA

View Full Version : KJs vs monotone flop

PSW
07-29-2005, 04:06 PM
PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

second orbit, no real reads...

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero ...

what's your play from here?

W. Deranged
07-29-2005, 04:23 PM
1. You are getting 7-1 from the pot on your immediate call, but only like 4-1 on a call down.

2. You may be behind to a flush already.

3. If your opponent has a queen or some other hand better than yours that is not a flush, you may have as many as 13 outs, though it is more likely that on average you have about 8 or so when you are actually drawing.

4. The fact that villain called on the flop suggests that he probably does have a club in his hand. It would be very unlikely for your opponent to call here without a club purely trying to run some kind of turn bluff. Decent non-club hands may raise the flop. Most average players who flopped a decent flush would not raise here.

5. Your effective odds are considerably lessened by the fact that you may well hit and still lose, and by the fact that you cannot bet your hand confidently even if you hit it.

6. Even when you are ahead it isn't very far because the likely hands villain would semi-bluff with probably have in the neighborhood of 12 outs or more.

It may sound weakish but I actually like a fold here. I really have no idea what my outs are, and I don't want to have to pay down two bets two figure out I was drawing to dead outs.