PDA

View Full Version : Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich vs. Wendy's spicy chicken fillet

Wintermute
07-29-2005, 03:52 PM
Chick-fil-A:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a283/pfriedbe/menu_chicken_sandwich.jpg

Wendy's:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a283/pfriedbe/119.jpg

IndieMatty
07-29-2005, 03:53 PM
Tendercrisp Bacon Ranch is better then the Wendys Spicy Chicken.

Patrick del Poker Grande
This is like choosing between digging in an outhouse and reaching in to unclog a [censored]-filled toilet. For the record, Chick-fil-A is the outhouse and Wendy's is the [censored]-filled toilet. Evaluate that as you will.

tbach24
Never had a Chick-fil-a. Is it really in the same league as the spicy chicken?

mmbt0ne
07-29-2005, 03:54 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it graduated from AA and plays in the Majors.

Shajen
07-29-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is like choosing between digging in an outhouse and reaching in to unclogged a [censored]-filled toilet. For the record, Chick-fil-A is the outhouse and Wendy's is the [censored]-filled toilet. Evaluate that as you will.

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't often wrong, but when you are, you do it with style.

sinfulslick18
07-29-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

stabn
07-29-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this the one that uses a sauce to make it spicy instead of doing it in the breading? Nast-ay.

stabn
07-29-2005, 03:59 PM
Just look at the two sandwhiches. Wendy's quality is &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; than that cheap-o chicken sandwhich.

tbach24
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it graduated from AA and plays in the Majors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's amazing. Just because you said that, I'm going to make sure I get it when I'm in FLA (they have it there right?)

IndieMatty
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this the one that uses a sauce to make it spicy instead of doing it in the breading? Nast-ay.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not spicy. It's chicken breast + bacon + chedder, lettuce red onion tomato on a hard roll with ranch dessing.

mmbt0ne

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the problem with the poll. I don't think there is a Chick-Fil-A in the entire Northeast.

Soul Daddy
07-29-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not spicy, it's just tasty.

There is nothing on Wendy's menu that can take anything on Chick-fil-A's. But at least I can get it on Sundays.

ChoicestHops
07-29-2005, 04:00 PM
Chick-fil-a obviously.

stabn
07-29-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not spicy. It's chicken breast + bacon + chedder, lettuce red onion tomato on a hard roll with ranch dessing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm ok. I think that one was ok but the spicy one there sucked. I'm not a fan of the hard roll replacing a bun though.

Ulysses
07-29-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just look at the two sandwhiches. Wendy's quality is &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; than that cheap-o chicken sandwhich.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a stupid comment. Yes, Wendy's is a much bigger company with all sorts of marketing dollars to make their pictures look really good. Even McDonald's can make their burgers look delicious.

The Chick-Fil-A sandwich is unquestionably much higher quality than the Wendy's sandwich. Not even in the same ballpark.

Ulysses
07-29-2005, 04:02 PM
This poll is flawed, as the only valid responses are from people who have had both. Put that caveat on there and Chick-Fil-A would blow away Wendy's.

Ulysses
07-29-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a far better chicken sandwich.

samjjones
07-29-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This poll is flawed, as the only valid responses are from people who have had both. Put that caveat on there and Chick-Fil-A would blow away Wendy's.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would hope this goes without saying. If you haven't had both, please respectfully decline from participating in the poll.

samjjones
07-29-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the problem with the poll. I don't think there is a Chick-Fil-A in the entire Northeast.

[/ QUOTE ]
There are a couple in NJ. I live 5 minutes from one, luckily.

stabn
07-29-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a stupid comment. Yes, Wendy's is a much bigger company with all sorts of marketing dollars to make their pictures look really good. Even McDonald's can make their burgers look delicious.

The Chick-Fil-A sandwich is unquestionably much higher quality than the Wendy's sandwich. Not even in the same ballpark.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wendy's spicy chicken basically looks like it does in the picture. It does not use their bottom of the line bun (like the jr bacon does). However, it looks like Chick-Fil-A's chicken sandwhich does use the bottom of the line bun. Does Chick-Fil-A's come w/ lettuce and tomato or only pickles?

RunDownHouse
07-29-2005, 04:06 PM
Ugh, I hope you aren't one of those people who also insist that Jack in the Box is better than In-N-Out.

Chick-fil-A used to have far superior food. Wendy's has simply stepped up and passed them. Chick-fil-A still has the best nugget type things, but if its a breaded chicken sandwhich contest, Wendy's is better.

EDIT: spel gud

astroglide
07-29-2005, 04:07 PM
chick-fil-a is so much better it's not even funny. i doubt anybody who voted for wendy's has eaten both, but if they have they are an absolute idiot.

obsidian
07-29-2005, 04:07 PM
I have had both and Chick-Fil-A easily takes this. Just take those damn pickles off.

sfer
07-29-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any idea what photographed food really is?

mmbt0ne
07-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Just pickles. If you want that other crap on a sandwhich, get the Chargrilled Chicken Deluxe.

samjjones
07-29-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wendy's spicy chicken basically looks like it does in the picture. It does not use their bottom of the line bun (like the jr bacon does). However, it looks like Chick-Fil-A's chicken sandwhich does use the bottom of the line bun. Does Chick-Fil-A's come w/ lettuce and tomato or only pickles?

[/ QUOTE ]
It comes only with pickel. It does not need lettuce and tomato, as the breading has a hint of sweetness to it, and anything else would mask it. Also, they only have one kind of bun to my knowledge.

Ulysses
07-29-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, I hope you aren't one of those people who also insist the Jack in the Box is better than In-N-Out.

Chick-fil-A used to have far superior food. Wendy's has simply stepped up and passed them. Chick-fil-A still has the best nugget type things, but if its a breaded chicken sandwhich, Wendy's is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course In-n-Out is better than Jack in the Box, though In-n-Out is definitely overrated (but pretty good for a fast-food burger). You are wrong wrt the chicken sandwich. I will eat a Wendy's sandwich this month just to make sure. I had fast food once last month. It was the Spicy Tendercrisp sandwich from BK everyone seems to love. It was not even in the same league as Chick-Fil-A.

ChoicestHops
07-29-2005, 04:10 PM
All the chick-fil-a needs is mayo and pickle. It's awesome.

Wintermute
07-29-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

some NE locations (http://www.chick-fil-a.com/cfa.asp?transaction=search&amp;country=us&amp;template=map _search&amp;address=&amp;city=Atlantic+City&amp;stateProvince= NJ&amp;postalCode=&amp;radius=150)

search for others (http://www.chick-fil-a.com/cfa.asp?transaction=search&amp;country=us&amp;template=map _search&amp;address=&amp;city=Atlantic+City&amp;stateProvince= NJ&amp;postalCode=&amp;radius=10)

stabn
07-29-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will copy and paste for you:

[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

Ulysses
07-29-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you continuing to participate in this discussion? Your basis for comparison is ridiculous.

RacersEdge
07-29-2005, 04:12 PM
CF easily...

The picture actually should lead you toward CF if anything - Wendy's puts a lot of batter on their chicken and tries to sell the spicy factor - where CF just focuses on high quality chicken.

CF sandwich, waffle fries, lemonade is the best. Their cheesecake is pretty good too.

Ulysses
07-29-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
chick-fil-a is so much better it's not even funny. i doubt anybody who voted for wendy's has eaten both, but if they have they are an absolute idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

As usual, astro sums up the issue quite well.

stabn
07-29-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you continuing to participate in this discussion? Your basis for comparison is ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am bored and very busy backpeddling currently.

kipin
07-29-2005, 04:15 PM
Chick-fil-a combo meal with extra crispy fries is the best fast food meal out there.

sfer
07-29-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, I've never eaten at Chick-Fil-A so I'm not voting, but the notions that:

1. You can discern flavor from a picture
2. Any fast food advertising pictures resemble the actual product
3. That your determining factor is bun quality (there is a difference between bad and decent in fast food, that's it), or the vegetable matter in the bun and not the flavor of the chicken

are all silly.

RunDownHouse
07-29-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Of course In-n-Out is better than Jack in the Box, though In-n-Out is definitely overrated (but pretty good for a fast-food burger). You are wrong wrt the chicken sandwich. I will eat a Wendy's sandwich this month just to make sure. I had fast food once last month. It was the Spicy Tendercrisp sandwich from BK everyone seems to love. It was not even in the same league as Chick-Fil-A.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, I've got a CfA 5 minutes from work. I'll snag one of theirs on the way home and give it a go.

Oh, and if anyone actually voted based on the pictures, and not personal experience, he's a retard.

samjjones
07-29-2005, 04:17 PM
Where does Ranch 1 (from 5 years ago...they suck now) fit into the picture? Or is it completely out of the picture?

Bluffoon
07-29-2005, 04:18 PM
Ive never had the wendy's sandwich but chick fil-a rocks. And so does their calendar. I always have a a chick fil-a calendar hanging in my kitchen. They feature cows doing stupid human stuff. This year they are all spy cows like James Bond and stuff. Last year they were all superhero cows.

Wintermute
07-29-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As usual, astro sums up the issue quite well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had both, and voted for Wendy's (narrowly). But considering the obvious selection bias, the results of this poll have me reconsidering... I'm going to hit C-f-A tonight and see how they're doing these days.

stabn
07-29-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, I've never eaten at Chick-Fil-A so I'm not voting, but the notions that:

1. You can discern flavor from a picture
2. Any fast food advertising pictures resemble the actual product
3. That your determining factor is bun quality (there is a difference between bad and decent in fast food, that's it), or the vegetable matter in the bun and not the flavor of the chicken

are all silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously i can't discern flavor for a picture.

Other than the lettuce/tomato being exactly situated correctly on the chicken and in the middle of the bun, the wendy's picture does look amazingly like the chicken sandwhich they serve.It doesn't really matter if that hardly ever happens if it is true in this case.

My determining factor was not bun quality. It was overall quality which includes bun, chicken and condiments.

Toro
07-29-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is like choosing between digging in an outhouse and reaching in to unclog a [censored]-filled toilet. For the record, Chick-fil-A is the outhouse and Wendy's is the [censored]-filled toilet. Evaluate that as you will.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chick fil A was featured on the Food Channel's "Unwrapped" show last night. The chicken is deep fried in a deep frying pressure cooker which as they said "infuses it with the frying oil". Sounds pretty nasty.

mmbt0ne
07-29-2005, 04:25 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

some NE locations (http://www.chick-fil-a.com/cfa.asp?transaction=search&amp;country=us&amp;template=map _search&amp;address=&amp;city=Atlantic+City&amp;stateProvince= NJ&amp;postalCode=&amp;radius=150)

search for others (http://www.chick-fil-a.com/cfa.asp?transaction=search&amp;country=us&amp;template=map _search&amp;address=&amp;city=Atlantic+City&amp;stateProvince= NJ&amp;postalCode=&amp;radius=10)

[/ QUOTE ]

0 within 10 miles of NYC
3 within 150 miles of Boston
3 within 150 miles of Portland, ME (which, coincidently, are the same 3 as the Boston search)
11 within 150 miles of LA
1 within 150 miles of SF
0 within 150 miles of Vegas
0 within 150 miles of Seattle
0 within 150 miles of Portland, OR
10 within 150 miles of Detroit
2 within 150 miles of St. Paul
100 within 150 miles of Atlanta

Can we see why this poll might be swayed now?

Bluffoon
07-29-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true. I live in New Jersey and there are two Chick Fil-A's within fifteen minutes from my house.

They really need to open on sundays though. Faith and chicken just dont mix well.

ChoicestHops
07-29-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chick fil A was featured on the Food Channel's "Unwrapped" show last night. The chicken is deep fried in a deep frying pressure cooker which as they said "infuses it with the frying oil". Sounds pretty nasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fried food is awesome.

Besides, better than Wendy's where I would assume it's already been cooked before hand and shipped to their stores frozen.

MagicMan08
07-29-2005, 04:32 PM
I jus voted by the pic. It is my given right to vote without any clue of what I am voting on. Hey its the monkey wrench votes that I love.

Patrick del Poker Grande
07-29-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I jus voted by the pic.

[/ QUOTE ]
So... you voted for the [censored]-filled toilet?

MagicMan08
07-29-2005, 04:33 PM
100 within 150 in atlanta wierd, who needs their chicken?

Wintermute
07-29-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

0 within 10 miles of NYC
3 within 150 miles of Boston
3 within 150 miles of Portland, ME (which, coincidently, are the same 3 as the Boston search)
11 within 150 miles of LA
1 within 150 miles of SF
0 within 150 miles of Vegas
0 within 150 miles of Seattle
0 within 150 miles of Portland, OR
10 within 150 miles of Detroit
2 within 150 miles of St. Paul
100 within 150 miles of Atlanta

Can we see why this poll might be swayed now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody ever claimed this was a fair poll. The results should be interpreted with an understanding of the obvious baises. Also, there are ass-loads of Chick-fil-A's around Philly and DC, as the link shows.

RacersEdge
07-29-2005, 04:36 PM
Hmm, I thought they were a little more spread out than that...

Sidenote: 1 within 0 feet of Home Depot HQ's

MoreWineII
07-29-2005, 04:36 PM
No contest. Dave wins.

mmbt0ne
07-29-2005, 04:37 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but whenever I had to work there, we ate at Panera's.

Ulysses
07-29-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That description is almost the exact opposite of reality. The pressure cooking actually locks in the flavor without saturating the sandwich with oil and fat. The fried Chick-Fil-A sandwich typically has less fat than a grilled chicken sandwich from other fast food places. It definitely tastes less "fried" than other sandwiches. It's a very light coating compared to what you might typically expect from a fried chicken sandwich. Sort of the difference between delicious light tempura done well and oily heavily battered crap tempura.

Here are some numbers for comparison. Note that Wendy's compares relatively favorably as opposed to other fast food chains.

Calories/Calories from fat/Fat/Saturated fat/Trans fat

Chick-Fil-A 410/150/16/3.5/0
Wendy's Spicy 510/170/19/3.5/1.5
BK Spicy TC 720/340/38/6/3.5

RacersEdge
07-29-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but whenever I had to work there, we ate at Panera's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't you still in college at GT? Did you co-op at HD?

Panera's is great too.

mmbt0ne
07-29-2005, 04:42 PM
No, somehow one of my friends was responsible for putting together all the display furniture for their catalogs. So, we would go in, assemble some deck furniture, go eat Panera, put together a few grills, and then go home.

amoeba
07-29-2005, 04:53 PM
chick-fila uses better chicken and their honey mustard is just amazing.

on the other hand I enjoy the crisp ness of the wendy's filet as well as the spice.

This is a hard choice.

Mason Hellmuth
07-29-2005, 05:00 PM
I realize you said 5 years ago, but present-day Ranch 1 is by far the foulest sandwich I have ever eaten. My stomach hated me for days.

That said, Chick-fil-A over Wendy's and it's not even close.

swede123
07-29-2005, 05:06 PM
McDonalds $1 chicken sandwich wins out. It's crap, but at least it's cheap crap.

Swede

ChoicestHops
07-29-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
McDonalds $1 chicken sandwich

[/ QUOTE ]

Gross. Ive found some nasty [censored] in Mcdonalds chicken. If you have to go cheap Wendy's 99 cent menu is the way to go.

JMP300z
07-29-2005, 05:13 PM
Chick fil a &gt; wendys.

Overall and sandwhich wise.

Yes im from Georgia.

Yes we require 100++ chickfilas...in fact....they keep building more.

Also, their breakfast Chicken Biscuits are the best ever.

The icecream is also good and cheap.
The waffle fries are the best if you ask for them crispy as previously mentioned.

Not being opened on sundays is a serious business error as that is when i crave it the most.

I may be even more biased by the fact that i havent paid for their food in a long time...my brother and few best friends worked there in high school and then in college some stayed on...and now one of them works for corporate and ships me free chicken sandwhich coupons.

-JP

tbach24
07-29-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's impossible that they're better than the Sausage Biscuit with Egg at McD's.

samjjones
07-29-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
McDonalds $1 chicken sandwich

[/ QUOTE ]

Gross. Ive found some nasty [censored] in Mcdonalds chicken. If you have to go cheap Wendy's 99 cent menu is the way to go.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wendy's 99 cent menu is the nuts.

MagicMan08
07-29-2005, 05:16 PM
Chicken Ramen is the NUTZ

JMP300z
07-29-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Very possible that they're better than the Sausage Biscuit with Egg at McD's.

[/ QUOTE ]

-JP

ddubois
07-29-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would hope this goes without saying. If you haven't had both, please respectfully decline from participating in the poll.

[/ QUOTE ]
Except the pole doesn't let you see results unless you vote. Thus, I was basicaly forced to vote for Wendy's, even though I've never had a chik-fil-a.

Maybe we should make a FAQ about how to post good polls.

razor
07-29-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I jus voted by the pic. It is my given right to vote without any clue of what I am voting on. Hey its the monkey wrench votes that I love.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been a slow day... 52

masse75
07-29-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Buffalo. I think the farthest north you'll find them is MD. I like the spicy chicken, but I'd eat Chik-Fil-A 6 days a week if I could.

masse75
07-29-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Very possible that they're better than the Sausage Biscuit with Egg at McD's.

[/ QUOTE ]

-JP

[/ QUOTE ]

For those in the South, BoJangle's pwns everyone for breakfast biscuits.

tbach24
07-29-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-JP

[/ QUOTE ]

For those in the South, BoJangle's pwns everyone for breakfast biscuits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must try it if you can mention it in the same sentence as the MCD SBE.

Anyways, I just had Spicy Chicken Fillet and was severely disappointed. Once again Wendy's has let me down. This is why I go to Dunkin' Donuts for all my fast food needs.

dtbog
07-29-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does Chick-Fil-A make a spicy version?

If not... there's no competition. Spicy wins.

Throw some Taco Bell Fire sauce on a Chick-Fil-A sandwich and we're talkin'.