PDA

View Full Version : From rock to lag at 50/100 blind level on Stars

danger_mouse
07-29-2005, 02:30 PM
I've been playing the 10+1 and 20+2 on PokerStars for several months with very nice success (but very low sample size). There is something I do that I'm not certain is good or bad.

At blinds 50/100 (my stack between 1,200-1,500 usually), I change from being a rock and start open raising from middle position onward. I don't do this every time, but enough to earn a few chips. Usually I'll do this with mediocre hands, sometime with TERRIBLE hands. If called, I almost always bet at the flop if checked at me (about 2/3 of pot).

While this occasionally brings me down to all-in territory a level sooner (if I play tight, this happens at 75/150), it more often gives me a substantial stack by the bubble.

Thoughts?

durron597
07-29-2005, 02:31 PM
On Stars in particular, the transition from rock to LAG is a gradual process. I was making it a sudden process for awhile and I lost a lot of money playing too aggro in levels 4 and 5.

TheSalche
07-29-2005, 03:29 PM
i play on PP, but im sure the differences arent too high ... once the blinds start to reach the 50/100 levels players tighten up a lot, if you play LAG here you will get a lot of blinds and build your chipstack up nicely ... the good thing about this is that when you actually get a hand, a short stack might push all in and you'll usually be a 2 to 1 favorite or so