PDA

View Full Version : K7s in BB, SB completes

betgo
07-29-2005, 01:46 PM
$15 rebuy on Paradise. 22 players left, 20 places pay. Blinds 1500/3000/250. I am in 6th place with T47K, SB has T70K. Folded to SB, who completes. I have K7s. What should I do?

Depalma
07-29-2005, 02:03 PM
Your question makes it sounds like you want to raise and punish the limper which is an option. However, that leads me to believe you may have been doing this to him earlier. If so, then he may be have a hand and be hoping that you raise him here. He has you covered and you are two away from the money.

I don't want you to totally tighten up on the bubble, but you don't want to get too aggressive against a stack that can put you in danger.

A small raise that you can get away from is OK here, but I'd rather just check and see a flop.

beetyjoose
07-29-2005, 02:04 PM
check

07-29-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$15 rebuy on Paradise. 22 players left, 20 places pay. Blinds 1500/3000/250. I am in 6th place with T47K, SB has T70K. Folded to SB, who completes. I have K7s. What should I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Depalma, he is playing the hand weak which means one of two things he has a monster and is hoping you will play back at him so he can push it, or he has a weak hand and is hoping you will check so he can make a minimum bet on the flop and steal the blinds. I usually bet about 3x back at him at this point and see if he folds, if he calls you have narrowed his hand a bit unless he is completely un-predicatable. If he folds even better you are still alive and have made up for another round of blinds. Sometimes I like just seeing a flop with this hand as well and if he leads on the flop with a minimum bet I will reraise him about 3x there and see what he does regardless of what I have or is on the flop. If he leads out with a large bet on the flop, I usually determine he was slow playing a big hand and I get the heck out of there with less than the nuts. IMHO

Mike

betgo
07-29-2005, 03:04 PM
I pushed and I think that was definately the right play. There is 8K in the pot and I have 44K left. The chance villain has a big pair in the SB is not that great. Since villain might think I was afaid of busting out on the bubble, I had a better chance of getting a fold. If I pick up the pot 2/3 of the time and am a 7-3 dog if called, this is EV+.

My hand plays well allin and a smaller raise gives villain a chance to play with me, thinking I am worried about missing the $75 second table money.

Villain folded and said he had A5o. I didn't say what I had. If he called, he would have been a 56-44 favorite. If he calls and I win, I move into 2nd place, with a good chance at major money.

I was fairly new at the table, so villain and I didn't have reads on each other.

Tyler Durden
07-29-2005, 06:13 PM
I hate the way villain played it.

ekky
07-29-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you have liked it if villain insta-calls? Its near the bubble, so maybe the math isn't correct, but lately I have been limping with say Ax hoping to induce a jam like this, essentially limping to induce the steal.

I figure the Ax is going to be ahead of the stealing requirements, so I am normally happy to call and pat myself on the back.

Its higher variance, and I dont think you mind seeing the flop too much here if it all goes astray,and BB checks rather then jams/raises, as the ace is concealed somewhat, and you are going to be ahead on the flop more times then you are behind, even if you miss.

Funnily enough, I rarely limp like this with a monster, say AA/KK.. but with hands that aren't monsters but are ahead of a typical steal range, I feel comfortable playing it this way.

Lloyd
07-29-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you have liked it if villain insta-calls? Its near the bubble, so maybe the math isn't correct, but lately I have been limping with say Ax hoping to induce a jam like this, essentially limping to induce the steal.

I figure the Ax is going to be ahead of the stealing requirements, so I am normally happy to call and pat myself on the back.

Its higher variance, and I dont think you mind seeing the flop too much here if it all goes astray,and BB checks rather then jams/raises, as the ace is concealed somewhat, and you are going to be ahead on the flop more times then you are behind, even if you miss.

Funnily enough, I rarely limp like this with a monster, say AA/KK.. but with hands that aren't monsters but are ahead of a typical steal range, I feel comfortable playing it this way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Limping with Ax when folded to in the SB is horrible. Simply horrible. And to induce a steal? Not a chance. You are often not much more than a 5-4 favorite making the BB push correct.