PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about Table Presence

scdavis0
07-29-2005, 01:44 PM
Last time I was out in Vegas I played in a big NL cash game with up and coming WPT star Brandon Lee. Brandon had a very interesting way of setting up his area of the table.

Other than a mountain of chips, he had about 4 small open bags of various brands of salted snack food, 2 large "big gulp" cups of carbonated soft drink, some tacky good luck charms, 2 cell phones, and a huge collection of keys. It was really impressive.

There was no question that this awesome table presence changed the way that players dealt with him and reacted to his aggressive play. People folded more and were generally afraid to play pots with him. The intimidation factor was very real.

Brandon exploits the most base human emotion of fear by manipulating the layout of his personal space at the table.

What other extraordinary displays of table presence have you encountered?

DyessMan89
07-29-2005, 02:06 PM
Anytime I sit down at a poker table players run and cry to their mommies.

Nope, really havent seen anyone do something like that, though. Thats crazy.

mts
07-29-2005, 02:53 PM
can you explain why having a bunch of [censored] piled up at the table is intimidating?

PocketJokers72
07-29-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
can you explain why having a bunch of [censored] piled up at the table is intimidating?

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer the "massive pyramid of checks" approach...

If they have them, I want them. If I have them, I use them.

Alternatively, the "massive LAG-pile" is equally impressive

cadillac1234
07-29-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone is scared of getting a disease from the pile of garbage and folds in disgust

JMP300z
07-29-2005, 09:02 PM
Brandon lee is a luckbox...He can be a bit tricky...even for an asian. I played w/ him @ the rio and @ the wynn during the series...seriously donating to the table. Eventually he got pissed b/c someone critisized him for his drawing to the sucker end of a gutshot (4s5c on a 789 board i believe)...in any case...in a display of anger he spilled his big gulp of diet coke all over his cash and the chips and got kicked out for excessive profanity.

what a crazy asian.

-JP

scdavis0
07-30-2005, 09:03 PM
Why am I not surprised that the 2+2 bunch just doesn't understand the power of table presence?

cero_z
07-30-2005, 10:18 PM
Hi sc,

[ QUOTE ]
Why am I not surprised that the 2+2 bunch just doesn't understand the power of table presence?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do the retard police not have you in their custody as we speak?

This is not the worst subject in the world, but if you think that somebody being rude and keeping a mound of his personal items on the table amounts to an intimidating table presence, you have issues.

jcmoussa
07-30-2005, 10:26 PM
Last time i went to foxwoods, i wore a baby blue t shirt with a rainbow and schoolbus on it. Needless to say, i was the most feared player at the table.