PDA

View Full Version : To the full timers...hours of day you play...

Mr_J
07-29-2005, 01:36 PM
Just interested in when other guys play. I live in australia, where 9am-5pm here is 7pm to 3am ET, so peak poker hours are great work hours for me.

How about you guys? Do you work during the day/evening or do you also play through until midnight and maybe even beyond?

For the guys playing higher up, does it matter to you what time of day you play? Do you have opinions on whether certain times of day (#s on party) affect your profit?

Just curious.

Lady Dont Tekno
07-29-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm at work right now so I don't have exact numbers but over 1000 $33/$55 mix (about 30/70 ratio) my ROI between 4am and like 4pm or so is in the single digits I believe while the so called "peak hours" 5pm - 4am is the usual 25% or so.

One thing though is that I have many more tournaments during peak hours so I may just be a victim of sample size.

Personally since I just want to get better I play whenever and I also keep known $55 2+2er's noted and I never table dodge. I'll worry about game selection when the fish all die. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LDT

FieryJustice
07-29-2005, 02:13 PM
Since I have no life, I usually play from about 2 PM EST, when I wake up, to about 2 AM or so, with usually a 3 or 4 hour break somewhere in the middle.

johnnybeef
07-29-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since I have no life, I usually play from about 2 PM EST, when I wake up, to about 2 AM or so, with usually a 3 or 4 hour break somewhere in the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]

that sounds similar to my schedule.

nate_king1
07-29-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that sounds similar to my schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play whenever I have nothing to do.

Ogre
07-29-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play whenever I have nothing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats probably why you arnt considered a "full timer"

MegaBet
07-29-2005, 03:59 PM
I used to find my ROI was negative during the day, but accepted the fact knowing I'd reach my target later on. I went through a period of not playing during the day. However, I must have improved because now I play regularly during the day and my results have improved greatly.

It's still a lot easier from 6pm-10pm EST.

raptor517
07-29-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats about my schedule, sans the break /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla

07-29-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's still a lot easier from 6pm-10pm EST.

[/ QUOTE ]

By no means am I a "Full Timer", but I find the above statement generally true.