PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Poker

jdoe
07-29-2005, 01:34 PM
I have a cable modem / e machine and i want to buy a wireless laptop. I want to do this on the cheap (under $300??) since i am only going to use it to play poker wireless.

I see lots of WIFI laptops on ebay for under 300 bux, i also assume i will need a wireless router.

what should i look for (dell XXXX?) and Can it be done for under 300 bux?

Thanks,

Jdoe

Nottom
07-29-2005, 02:09 PM
I'm sure you can find a laptop for under $300. Looking around on E-bay it seems you can get a wireless router for $20-30 and a wireless network PCMCIA card for around $10 (Both were linksys which is what most people use and is a good brand).

I have a Toshiba laptop and have had no problems with it, but a Dell should be fine.

Personally I pretty much hate playing poker on my laptop since I can't play more than 2 tables without going insane, but some people like it and I still like to have the ability to play a little when I'm away from home.

jdoe
07-29-2005, 05:53 PM
Will computer speed be an issue in this setup?

Jdoe

Johan
07-29-2005, 08:50 PM
It problaby won't. When ur using a clean computer (no spyware etc and lots of programs running in the background) internetpoker isn't too demanding on your computer. I guess, unless someone really sells you junk, you don't have to worry about that.

Johan