PDA

View Full Version : Who's the Moderator on This Forum? n/t

andyfox
07-29-2005, 12:47 PM

benfranklin
07-29-2005, 12:54 PM
Mat is the only one listed at the bottom of the first page. All of the other forums that have new mods list either Mat or Chuck plus the new guy(s).

Vincent Lepore
07-29-2005, 03:07 PM
Are you volunteering? you compare very well with Dynasty. I think you would do the same kind of job. I hope they give it to you. You have my vote.

Vince

Vincent Lepore
07-29-2005, 03:41 PM
The above reply was meant for Mr. Fox the OP.

Vince

MMMMMM
07-29-2005, 03:56 PM
Yes, Andy, you should be a moderator, so you can tell errant posters what are the things up with which 2+2 will not put.

TylerD
07-29-2005, 04:16 PM
not a very subtle hint andy. i second your nomination though.

andyfox
07-29-2005, 04:23 PM
No, I did not want the job, still don't.

Smoothcall
07-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Yes i have noticed all the new moderators hired lately(apart from you and time is up which i dont know much about) are people who like to tell people what to do. They showed these traits before being moderators. Citanel and Angrycola have gotten into so many arguments and flamewars throughout there existence yet they are now hired as moderators. Notice these 2 were 2 of the biggest haters of me and vince on the wpt forum. Citanel has tried to create many flamewars by blurting insults and leaving many many times. Interesting that they both became moderators now. Angry Cola was in a thread insultign me unprovoked baiting me into a flamewar so i responded(without insults) and was banned while instead of him getting banned he was promoted. Very interesting. They have been promoted to moderators right? I thought green meant moderator. If i'm wrong please explain the green. If i am wrong i apologize. Bit whats with the green names on these guys now? And if you are how and why did you get rewarded for starting and being active in flamewars? Did dynasty help you get your position?

stabn
07-29-2005, 05:03 PM
AngryCola does indeed mod the Magazine forum. I also think he was an excellent choice to mod it.

AngryCola
07-29-2005, 05:07 PM
*NOTE* This will be my only response to Smoothcall's accusations.

[ QUOTE ]
Angry Cola was in a thread insultign me unprovoked baiting me into a flamewar

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried very hard to be one of the most reasonable people with you. I asked you a couple of real questions, because I thought perhaps you would listen to reason.

You're reminding me of why I shouldn't even have bothered, though.

[ QUOTE ]
Angrycola have gotten into so many arguments and flamewars throughout there existence

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on how you define flamewar. I've been in a couple, but I don't go trolling for arguments. I always try to be more reasonable than most posters on these forums.

[ QUOTE ]
Notice these 2 were 2 of the biggest haters of me and vince on the wpt forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying stuff like this only makes it look like you are trying to lie. I had barely ever read your posts or spoken to you before those two threads (any doubters can look that up), AND I was trying to talk it out with you like a reasonable person. I never hated you.
But considering how you've responded to me trying to be reasonable, perhaps I was too nice in previous encounters.

As for Vince, I think my only response to him (or about him) is in the Nazi thread on this very forum. I have no idea how anyone could call me one of his biggest 'haters'. Seriously, go look for some threads including posts of mine about Vince. You won't find much of anything.

[ QUOTE ]
Did dynasty help you get your position?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Have a nice day.

Smoothcall
07-29-2005, 05:51 PM
Firstoff this isnt your only respnse to me. I saw the one that got deleted in the nazi thread.

I was trying to be civil with you(and every other poster) so you could listen to reason. And continue to be civil. And always will be civil. You were in numerous threads right before i got banned where you continued to write to me insulting me(mostly in a civil manner, by insults nonetheless) and coninued or started flamewars with me. At least flamewars by dynasty's definitions. As our discussions were much longer and more drawn out then anything in the thread i got banned for. Even dynasty on more than one occasion told you to stop posting to me but you continued. Yet nothing happend to you. In fact you got a moderator job while i was banned. So don't play mr. innocent now. Btw i don't think you deserved to be banned. I don't think anybody did. I think dynasty is ans was just waving his big stick because he can. But if i got banned for nothing you shoulda been. Not given a moderating job lol.

I don't go trolling for arguments either. They come after me. And you came after me. Did i start responding to you? or did u start responding to me. In fact i have never responded or started anything with you or anyone else. They have always came after me. And because i respond i look like the bad guy. You know this is true.

You are correct we did not have much history before the last month. But a decent short history of you continually responding to me to tell me how and why i was wrong starting flamewars. I have seen you say insulting things to vince here and there for some time. Well hate maybe too strong a word. How about you were one of the main guys trolling my posts and continuing arguments with me. I understand in the beginning you were trying to just discuss with me(like i have been the whole time) but at the end your posts got more and more insulting and inciting flamewars. Only i was above falling for the bait and got banned anyway. And you did not.

I could have sworn you have got into it in the pst with vince. If i am worng about this i apologize. Maybe i'm mixing you up with another angry guy. But i think there were some for sure.

Anyway i wish you well on your moderating job. I mean that. No hard feelings. I know your intentions intially were probably constructive when you first started posting to me until they degenerated to insults. I can forgive. Good luck!

Mat Sklansky
07-30-2005, 02:07 AM
I sent you two pms and an email asking you if you want to be a mod. Answer, dammit! I know you say no publicly, but I want that message sent to me privately just to be sure.

Mat

uuDevil
07-30-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I sent you two pms and an email asking you if you want to be a mod. Answer, dammit! I know you say no publicly, but I want that message sent to me privately just to be sure.

Mat

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps he should be banned if he does not agree to moderate.

Please note the following: /images/graemlins/wink.gif