PDA

View Full Version : 10k hands at 0.5/1 Party - How are my stats?

07-29-2005, 12:14 PM
Hi everyone. I've been reading these boards for a while now, and finally decided to make my first post.

I started playing poker about four months ago at Pacific 0.05/0.10 and 0.25/0.50 limits, and Prima 0.25/0.50 limit.

Two months ago I moved to 0.5/1 limit at Party. I left out the hands of the first month (almost 6000 hands) from the stats, because my playing style was so different back then (after that I read SSH and doubled my PFR and AF).
These 10000 hands are from this month, 4-tabling at Party.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/6350/stats34xk.jpg

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/2779/stats24rp.jpg

I still dont think I'm aggressive enough, especially on the river. But I'm sure you guys can find some other leaks too.

silkyslim
07-29-2005, 12:18 PM
these stats look pretty good. Keep up the good work.

Hellmouth
07-29-2005, 12:25 PM
You are 100% correct. Your stats look great but you are losing so many hands on the river by not betting out.

My stats look almost identical to yours except my aggression in later streets increases and my BB/100 is almost 8.5.

Once you realize how much people will fold to a river bet at .50/1 you will kick yourself for giving away so many pots that you were in second place but were checked around for a loss rather than betting out and getting a fold.

Greg

deception5
07-29-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Once you realize how much people will fold to a river bet at .50/1 you will kick yourself for giving away so many pots that you were in second place but were checked around for a loss rather than betting out and getting a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is that when you make these bets that you often have the best hand. But you I agree, you need to value bet relentlessly on the river. Checking behind should be relatively rare especially at this limit as you will not be check/raised very often at all.

wpzone
07-29-2005, 12:30 PM
You dont look very position aware. Loosen up on the later streets and raise more on those streets. Dont open limp MP and LP.

deception5
07-29-2005, 12:30 PM
Your W$SD seems a little low and wtsd does too which makes me think you might be running bad as well. Either that or you are folding too many winners.

deception5
07-29-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You dont look very position aware. Loosen up on the later streets and raise more on those streets. Dont open limp MP and LP.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point, your UTG vp$ip is almost the same as your button vp$ip. I thought it might be hand distribution, but you should definitely reexamine what you're coming in with in early position.

Also your steal % is fairly low. When it's folded to me in the button or CO I'm raising with a lot of hands. This isn't a huge concern yet, but I would definitely start thinking about it. There's a huge difference between the range of hands you should raise on the button after 3 limpers and the range of hands you should raise when it's folded to you on the button.

jbird
07-29-2005, 12:38 PM
I'm not a great stat analyzer...but isn't he calling way to many hands from the SB here? The $$ you are losing from being out of position seems to greatly outweigh the completion bet you are making a significant amount of the time...

Durs522
07-29-2005, 01:27 PM
I haven't done this a lot but here's my analysis.

Your Went to showdown % is low. 29 is OK but I'd like to see it a little higher. Between 32-35 would be a percentage for this stat. Also, you are folding your blinds too often to a steal. Work on your blind defense more and that will get this number down. Try to steal the blinds more often. Your VPIP is a little low which could be a result of you not raising enough in LP. It isn't as important at this level but blind stealing/defense will become very important if you're going to move up. Get more aggressive on the river! You're often checking with the best hand here instead of betting. This will increase your winrate dramatically.

Good luck!

Durs