PDA

View Full Version : jinxed by poker gods?

07-29-2005, 11:17 AM
Hello all, just registered and 1st time posting. Without knowing where to post, I thought this forum may be the most suitable.

It all began at the $200K trny & $500K trny 2 wks ago. Lost with pocket KK, KK then QQ to exit the $200K trny. Lost with pocket AA to exit the $500K trny the following day. Ever since then over 95% of my hands are junk hands, of these I'd say over 70% are X2, X3, X4 mostly unsuited. To give an example, last night in 1mil qul trny, AJo was the best hand before I got knocked out during the 2nd hr. It's really frustrating tossing out junk hands blinds after blinds, trny after trny. Losing over 80% of showdowns going in with favorite hands. Got lucky once and tied AK all-in with some one holding AQ. The board comes up ATTTX for a tie. Believe me, I was happy. When I'm winning with monster hands that I get once in a great while, I win minimum. Everyone folds to me if I'm in LP or nobody calls if I'm in early position. I got AA twice this week (no KKs or QQs the whole week) & lost both times. Both happen at SB and everone folded to me. I just called BB hoping to cash in some and lost both times to junk 2 pairs. I don't want to go on and on but this has been going on for 2 weeks now. At first, I thought I'm going thru a down cycle. But for two whole weeks? Can this be possible? Has anyone experienced similar down cycles? I'm already almost convinced that I'm cursed by poker gods. Or, as someone posted, is online poker rigged? But why would I, a nobody, be mocked??? I really want to get in the 1mil trny tomorrow thru qualifying trny. But have zero confidence now. I'd appreciate it if some of you went thru similar down turns share the stroy. Maybe it'll help me to cope...

Just to give you brief background. Began playing poker late May, so about 2 full months now. Just finshed reading Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players last week. I've been playing about ~10 hrs/day 5 to 6 days a week since I began. So, I have played a lot in two months. Play $25PL at partypoker mainly to make tourny fees. Have played a few 20+2 & 30+3 trnys and finshed in money. Also played in 2 $350K, one $200K & $500K trny so far all thru qualifying trnys. Now hitting the wall for the past two week...

revots33
07-29-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
At first, I thought I'm going thru a down cycle. But for two whole weeks? Can this be possible?

[/ QUOTE ]

2 weeks? It can last a heck of a lot longer than that.

Keep playing correctly and it will turn around. It happens to everyone. You have to go through it a few times before you honestly believe it WILL turn around. I'll admit it does a number on your confidence tho. Hang in there and good luck.

07-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Thx for ur post. It does comfort me a bit knowing others went thru the same. Havn't started playing today yet in fear of thoses X2, X3 & X4. Well, this down streak tought me how anyone can be vernirable to going in FULL TILT mode /images/graemlins/frown.gif