PDA

View Full Version : Taco Bell

dtbog
07-29-2005, 11:08 AM
I think Taco Bell is divinely inspired. Some of my friends think it's total crap.

I'm not much of a fast food person, but if I'm going through any drive-thru, it'd better be this one. A pretty damn decent taco for $1? come on people!

and they have Fire sauce!

this thread is for people singing the praises of Taco Bell. tell a good Taco Bell story or tell me which kinds of fried tortilla + beef + cheese combos you order the most.

durron597
07-29-2005, 11:11 AM
I really like that new crunchwrap supreme.

And the Beef & Potato burrito WITHOUT RED SAUCE is really good.

bennyk
07-29-2005, 11:12 AM
shhh, don't let bruiser see this.
bk

moondogg
07-29-2005, 11:12 AM
Baja Beef Chalupas, three of them drowned in Fire sauce.

dtbog
07-29-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
shhh, don't let bruiser see this.
bk

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever man, if I run into Bruiser someday I'll treat him to all of the meaty, refried, fatty, saucy Taco Bell tacos he can eat in one sitting. If he turns them down, well, that's not my problem. =)

dtbog
07-29-2005, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
drowned in Fire sauce.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good man, my friend. Good man.

Paluka
07-29-2005, 11:14 AM
I think eating at taco bell is similar to eating out of the garbage. But I did it a lot when I was 17.

cbfair
07-29-2005, 11:15 AM
Double Decker Tacos are god's own creation.

jakethebake
07-29-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and they have Fire sauce!

[/ QUOTE ]

Fire sauce is excellent for cleaning pennies.

SippinSoma
07-29-2005, 11:16 AM
Cheesey. Gordita. Crunch. Game. Over.

SL__72
07-29-2005, 11:17 AM
I love that new beef and potato buritto. Taco Bell is without a doubt the best fast food "restaurant"

In fact its the only one I find worthy of eating at.

IndieMatty
07-29-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Easily the best fast food item in existence.

HopeydaFish
07-29-2005, 11:19 AM
I think Taco Bell is one of those things that you eventually outgrow. I lived on it in University (mostly because it was so cheap), but now the thought of the stuff makes me want to puke.

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've looked and haven't found this gordita cheesy cruch thing around here.

Wintermute
[ QUOTE ]
Some of my friends think it's total crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

People who don't like Tbell are the same people who don't laugh at Helen Keller-bestiality jokes. Jackasses.

Soul Daddy
07-29-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here. I wanted to check it out after all the OOT hype a couple of months ago, but it's not on the menu.

moondogg
07-29-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Taco Bell is without a doubt the best fast food "restaurant"

[/ QUOTE ]

Taco Bell is awesome and all, but this statement is just insane.

augie00
07-29-2005, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IndieMatty
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here. I wanted to check it out after all the OOT hype a couple of months ago, but it's not on the menu.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah its not offered everywhere, there were two taco bells I knew of in Manhattan, one had it , the other didn't. Thing is, they have the ability to make it at whim, so if your local taco bell dude is feeling industrious he can make it for you.

spydog
Since I move to Ireland a year ago, Taco Bell would be on my top 20 list of things I miss about the US. I've never even seen a burrito on any menu in any restaurant over here (i'm on the rural west coast). However, they just put in a KFC and Pizza Hut in the last month. Isn't Taco Bell part of YUM's holy trinity?

BTW, ESPN is tops on that list by a wide margin. Oh, and broadband.

dtbog
07-29-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Taco Bell is awesome and all, but this statement is just insane because it's so true and I can't believe you figured it out! Way to go!.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

jakethebake
07-29-2005, 11:28 AM
Yea. I remember being stationed in Japan w/o the Bell. When we saw the Taco Bell as we landed in Guam, we all thought we'd gone to heaven.

[ QUOTE ]
Since I move to Ireland a year ago, Taco Bell would be on my top 20 list of things I miss about the US. I've never even seen a burrito on any menu in any restaurant over here (i'm on the rural west coast). However, they just put in a KFC and Pizza Hut in the last month. Isn't Taco Bell part of YUM's holy trinity?

BTW, ESPN is tops on that list by a wide margin. Oh, and broadband.

[/ QUOTE ]

Soul Daddy
07-29-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah its not offered everywhere, there were two taco bells I knew of in Manhattan, one had it , the other didn't. Thing is, they have the ability to make it at whim, so if your local taco bell dude is feeling industrious he can make it for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is good to know. I'll give it a shot, but my experience with local fast food employees tells me I have a better shot at receiving a blank stare or attitude.

moondogg
07-29-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is good to know. I'll give it a shot, but my experience with local fast food employees tells me I have a better shot at receiving a blank stare or attitude.

[/ QUOTE ]

In what bizarro universe are Taco Bell employees industrious? (besides Demolition Man, obviously).

That's like a "sober, hardworking redneck"

SippinSoma
07-29-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They recently put it back on the menu. However, when it wasn't on the menu, I would ask for it anyway and they always knew what I was talking about. On the menu or not, ask for it the next time you go.

benza13
07-29-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Taco Bell is one of those things that you eventually outgrow. I lived on it in University (mostly because it was so cheap), but now the thought of the stuff makes me want to puke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lived off the stuff for a couple years in school too, then didn't eat it for a couple more years. I definitely enjoy it again now, not as often, but I don't eat much fast food, so Taco Bell is still one of my most frequent stops.

samjjones
07-29-2005, 11:36 AM
I've never eaten Taco Bell in my life, yet I make tacos at home maybe twice a month. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

moondogg
07-29-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never eaten Taco Bell in my life, yet I make tacos at home maybe twice a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which third world country do you live in?

[ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Indeed.

SippinSoma
07-29-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never eaten Taco Bell in my life, yet I make tacos at home maybe twice a month. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because you don't know how to live life.

spydog
07-29-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you've never been drunk????? Or you only drink at home?????

chaas4747
This makes up my mind for me. I am having Tbell for lunch. I will post a report.

CCass
Taco Bell is the Nuts!

dtbog
07-29-2005, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This makes up my mind for me. I am having Tbell for lunch. I will post a report.

[/ QUOTE ]

please do.

include waiting time, cost, and enjoyment level.

Also please include a segment on the clientele in the restaurant, as that is often the most interesting part of Taco Bell.

Paluka
07-29-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any tacos made at home will be 100x better than a taco bell taco.

jakethebake
07-29-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 100% true, but try making a cheesey gordita baked crunch thingy at home. And convenience is a big part of the Taco Bell attraction as well.

IndieMatty
07-29-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is entirely wrong.

jakethebake
07-29-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any tacos made at Jake's home will be 100x better than a taco bell taco. Taco's made at Matty's home are likely to be shite, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is entirely right.

[/ QUOTE ]

SippinSoma
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 100% true, but try making a cheesey gordita baked crunch thingy at home. And convenience is a big part of the Taco Bell attraction as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who tries making their own cheesey gordita crunch will quickly establish that they are out of their element.

Alobar
I dont eat fast food hardly ever, but when I Do, its taco bell. There is just soooo much more variety than your typical menu of "hamburger, fries, soda".

I lived on this [censored] in college. My typical order was bean burrito with no onions, 2 soft tacos, a crunchy taco, nachos supreme with no sour cream. With student discount it came out to less than $5. No where else can you get that much foor for under $5

dtbog
07-29-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
With student discount it came out to less than $5. No where else can you get that much foor for under $5

[/ QUOTE ]

A student discount at Taco Bell!?

It seems to me that students, stoners, and the inherent overlap therein form the entire Taco Bell demographic. What kind of discount was it?

Paluka
07-29-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont eat fast food hardly ever, but when I Do, its taco bell. There is just soooo much more variety than your typical menu of "hamburger, fries, soda".

I lived on this [censored] in college. My typical order was bean burrito with no onions, 2 soft tacos, a crunchy taco, nachos supreme with no sour cream. With student discount it came out to less than $5. No where else can you get that much foor for under $5

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this the reason why the poor people in the US are in general fatter and less healthy than the rich?

SL__72
07-29-2005, 11:58 AM
Same.

Wes ManTooth
07-29-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And the Beef & Potato burrito WITHOUT RED SAUCE is really good.

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent picks! also the grilled stuffed burrito is good as well

dtbog
07-29-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Isn't this the reason why the poor people in the US are in general fatter and less healthy than the rich?

[/ QUOTE ]

For some, indirectly.

ONE of the reasons for someone to be poor is that they are lazy. There are a multiude of other reasons which are valid and free of fault.

For that lazy demographic, it's going to be much more appealing to spend $5 on a meal at Taco Bell than it is to buy $4 worth of food at a grocery store with which to make meals. Believe me, you can get vegetables, meat, and bread for $20 that will last you for quite a few sandwiches.

Those people also wouldn't ever exercise, always take the elevator, etc. Therefore, they are fat.

Please don't go off on a flame-trail here with my insinuation about the poor. You know I'm talking about one small subset... but for that subset, I think laziness is more the issue than cheap food at TB.

Suited Deuce
07-29-2005, 12:03 PM
2 Gorditas/Hard Taco Combo + Wild Cherry Pepsi = Orgasmatron

Back in HS, we used to have hard taco eating contests at the Bell; 14 was my personal best at the time. Seems low. I could probably shatter that number now.

ChipWrecked
07-29-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just another of the reasons why the U.S. freakin' rocks, my friend.

The world's only fat poor people.

Alobar
07-29-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With student discount it came out to less than $5. No where else can you get that much foor for under $5

[/ QUOTE ]

A student discount at Taco Bell!?

[/ QUOTE ]

10% God bless them for it too

jakethebake
07-29-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For some, indirectly.

ONE of the reasons for someone to be poor is that they are lazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're putting the cart before the horse. Clearly when Taco Bell is readily available at such low prices, there's simply no impetus not to be lazy? Why be ambitious when you can eat like a king on $3 a day? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

dtbog
07-29-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.idiom-magic.com/images/idiommagic-340-P-cart_before_h.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

-Skeme-
07-29-2005, 12:23 PM
I boycotted Taco Bell about 2 months ago. Worst service ever.

Jules22
07-29-2005, 12:31 PM
i think a lot of the hate stems from looking at the people who work there. they have to be at the bottom of the education, hygiene, and social ladder. regardless, taco bell food is delicious, my favorite hits are the cgc, grilled stuft steak burrrrito, and the 99c half pound bean and cheese burrrrito

astroglide
07-29-2005, 12:34 PM
taco bell has never been as good as they were when they had THINLY shredded cheese and cinammon crispas

jakethebake
07-29-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
taco bell has never been as good as they were when they had THINLY shredded cheese and cinammon crispas

[/ QUOTE ]

The ones here still have the cinammon things. But I wholeheartedly concur on the cheese.

moondogg
07-29-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They recently put it back on the menu. However, when it wasn't on the menu, I would ask for it anyway and they always knew what I was talking about. On the menu or not, ask for it the next time you go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yee-haw.

My Taco Bell didn't have a cheezy gordita crunch, but I just stopped by today and they've added it back.

For lunch I had three of them, from the drivethrough, and they stiffed me on the Fire sauce. So instead I just covered it in Tabasco.

Good.

Ogre
07-29-2005, 01:22 PM
scale 1-10

taco bell= 4
chipotle = 10

dtbog
07-29-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For lunch I had three of them, from the drivethrough, and they stiffed me on the Fire sauce. So instead I just covered it in Tabasco.

Good.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way man, Fire is essential.

SippinSoma
07-29-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Good.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way man, Fire is essential.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ulysses
07-29-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The ones here still have the cinammon things. But I wholeheartedly concur on the cheese.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you knew what you were talking about, you would know that astro is not talking about the "cinnamon things" (cinnamon twistas) but instead is talking about Cinnamon Crispas, something completely different and awesome.

[censored]
07-29-2005, 02:17 PM
Taco Bell has never been the same for once it dropped the chilito from it's menu.

stabn
07-29-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any tacos made at Jake's home will be 100x better than a taco bell taco. Taco's made at Matty's home are likely to be shite, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is entirely right.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you have never made a taco in your life it is not hard to make one that is better than taco bell. But making a mexican pizza or baja chalupa is too much work for me so i do eat there every few weeks. When i make them my enchiladas/fajitas/taco/burritos are definitely 100x better than TB.

mlh2e
07-29-2005, 02:25 PM
Best value -- Double Decker Tacos. You need to eat them quick, though, or else the inner crunchy taco gets soggy.

The Chipotle chicken burrito was awesome, but they took it away. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

I used to work across the street from a taco bell. Someone at the drive-thru flicked a cigarette into the mulch and I watched as my beloved eatery burned to the ground.

Ulysses
07-29-2005, 02:26 PM
Taco Bell is simultaneously complete crap and awesome. However, you kids all missed the glory days of Taco Bell. None of this newfangled gimmicky stuff compares to the delight that was Cinnamon Crispas and the pure joy that was the Cheesarito. The Cheesarito only survived on the menu for a short period, but for a long time, diehard Taco Bell employees would still hook you up with them. I imagine now you'd just get a blank stare if you asked for one, though.

IndieMatty
07-29-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Taco Bell is simultaneously complete crap and awesome. However, you kids all missed the glory days of Taco Bell. None of this newfangled gimmicky stuff compares to the delight that was Cinnamon Crispas and the pure joy that was the Cheesarito. The Cheesarito only survived on the menu for a short period, but for a long time, diehard Taco Bell employees would still hook you up with them. I imagine now you'd just get a blank stare if you asked for one, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im getting taco bell tomorrow now, in honor of the Taco Bell Grande and when it WAS actually cheap.

49 cents for hard or soft tacos.

[censored] the zone.

[censored]
07-29-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How did the cheesarito compare to the chilito?

sfer
07-29-2005, 02:31 PM
This post is genius.

dtbog
07-29-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Taco Bell is simultaneously complete crap and awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.

[ QUOTE ]
However, you kids all missed the glory days of Taco Bell.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a suspicion that it all changed over when that damn chiuaua started doing their advertising, no?

jakethebake
07-29-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you knew what you were talking about, you would know that astro is not talking about the "cinnamon things" (cinnamon twistas) but instead is talking about Cinnamon Crispas, something completely different and awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not know the difference. Please enlighten me.

Wintermute
07-29-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me try out a theory based on this post. I think everyone somewhat outgrows Tbell eventually because their own personal Tbell "glory days" have passed them by. For me, Taco Bell began to peak around the time of the introduction of the Chalupa, crested with that 2-lb., 1320-calorie wet dream known as the Mucho Grande Nachos, and started down the backside with the Grilled Stuft. Most of the most recent new menu items have been shite compared to what I "grew up on". For example, this new hexagonal tortilla-wrapped-around-a-tostada thing isn't fooling me at all. It's nothing special--there's no new ingredients or even evolution in terms of combining different ingredients. In fact it has seroius structural problems in that it's difficult to get the hot sauce inside of it without tearing it apart.

Reading ElD's post got me thinking that maybe everyone enjoys the first, or near-first TBell they've ever had the best, and over time as the menu changes TBell gradually falls out of favor (but never completely).

I imagine I'm about 7-8 years younger than ElD. I bet many folks 7-8 years younger than me (starting college) think this hexagonal concoction is god's gift to fast food.

Still, TBell in its prime set the bar way to high to ever be considered less than the best fast food restaurant by me.

jakethebake
07-29-2005, 02:46 PM
The Taco Bells in St. Louis used to run all kinds of sports team specials. $.10 off for every touchdown the Rams scored that week...stuff like that. One week, oh man, they were like $.09 tacos. It ruled.

shant
07-29-2005, 02:46 PM
The Cheesy Gordita Crunch is one of the best newer-style items. It's not on the menu most of the time, but the employees will still make it.

samjjones
07-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Per my above post, I've never eaten Taco Bell. I will go there today. What should I get?

[censored]
07-29-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Let me try out a theory based on this post. I think everyone somewhat outgrows Tbell eventually because their own personal Tbell "glory days" have passed them by. For me, Taco Bell began to peak around the time of the introduction of the Chalupa, crested with that 2-lb., 1320-calorie wet dream known as the Mucho Grande Nachos, and started down the backside with the Grilled Stuft. Most of the most recent new menu items have been shite compared to what I "grew up on". For example, this new hexagonal tortilla-wrapped-around-a-tostada thing isn't fooling me at all. It's nothing special--there's no new ingredients or even evolution in terms of combining different ingredients. In fact it has seroius structural problems in that it's difficult to get the hot sauce inside of it without tearing it apart.

Reading ElD's post got me thinking that maybe everyone enjoys the first, or near-first TBell they've ever had the best, and over time as the menu changes TBell gradually falls out of favor (but never completely).

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW this is know as the Pro-Wrestling effect in scientific circles.

Wintermute
07-29-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What kid could possibly enjoy current pro-wrestling?

I see what you mean.

IndieMatty
07-29-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine I'm about 7-8 years younger than ElD. I bet many folks 7-8 years younger than me (starting college) think this hexagonal concoction is god's gift to fast food.

Still, TBell in its prime set the bar way to high to ever be considered less than the best fast food restaurant by me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there ever was a fast food forum this should be a sticky. I applaud you sir, and look forward to reading furthur posts on the Whopper, Carls Jr. vs Hardees, and why White Castle is only considered drunk food.

Thank You.

[censored]
07-29-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Per my above post, I've never eaten Taco Bell. I will go there today. What should I get?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well for sure 2 crunchy tacos for starters.

Soul Daddy
07-29-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What a great observation.

IndieMatty
07-29-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What a great observation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I actually shook my head a little bit at another TacoBell discussion, but this is turning into a quality thread.

samjjones
07-29-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Beef, chicken?

Soul Daddy
07-29-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why White Castle is only considered drunk food.

[/ QUOTE ]
This really bothers you, doesn't it?

SL__72
07-29-2005, 03:00 PM
Taco Bell may have changed a lot over the years, but it isn't all bad. The new... cheap menu? (half pound burritos) is awesome.

Today I had a cheesy gordita crunch, a beef and potato burrito, a soft taco and a drink for $5.55. So full, so little spent...

IndieMatty
07-29-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why White Castle is only considered drunk food.

[/ QUOTE ]
This really bothers you, doesn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea. I don't even like it when I'm drunk, I always opted for pizza.

tbach24
/images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif
There used to be one in my town, but now I have to go on a long trip (like 20 minutes) to get Taco Bell
/images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

samjjones
I will pop my Taco Bell cherry tonight and post a TR soon thereafter.

jakethebake
07-29-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do it right. Don't take more than $3 with you.

[censored]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Beef, chicken?

[/ QUOTE ]

Beef you need to crawl before you can walk.

Also add sometype of burrito perhaps a grilled stuffed - chicken.

moondogg
[ QUOTE ]

Beef, chicken?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only chicks and Big Steve order the chicken.

Only suicidal people order the "steak".

I'd say go with beef.

IndieMatty
07-29-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There used to be one in my town, but now I have to go on a long trip (like 20 minutes) to get Taco Bell

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man. they closed the one across the street from me, and according the website..they closed the one across town for me.

Looks like no Taco Bell until El-D takes me out to lunch next time he's in manhattan.

The deal was Taco Bell for Massa right?

IndieMatty
07-29-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a little bit of everything.

Get a Cheesy Gordita Crunch
Nachos Supreme
A steak quesedilla

and some sort of soft or hard taco supreme.

tbach24
07-29-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man. they closed the one across the street from me, and according the website..they closed the one across town for me.

Looks like no Taco Bell until El-D takes me out to lunch next time he's in manhattan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Harsh.

I wonder why they're closing.

IndieMatty
07-29-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Harsh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always wondered the same thing. In NYC; theres so few of them, but they never seem to last. (Except one very close to NYU)

shant
07-29-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Today I had a cheesy gordita crunch, a beef and potato burrito, a soft taco and a drink for $5.55.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is my exact 3-item order except I get the burrito with bean instead of potato. You have awesome taste.

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many $.59 tacos do you think it takes to make rent in NYC?

samjjones
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Harsh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always wondered the same thing. In NYC; theres so few of them, but they never seem to last. (Except one very close to NYU)

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably because their menu is so ridiculously cheap, and storefronts in NYC are so ridiculously expensive.

IndieMatty
07-29-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They jack up the prices. Even in LI Taco bell is not "cheap".

You people in the sticks really have it made.

Ulysses
07-29-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, Taco Bell is not even in the same league as Chick-Fil-A, the best fast food place.

But back to the main point. While your reasoning seems sound, it's simply wrong. I am perfectly able to objectively compare food quality then and now. The fact of the matter is that due to increased pressure on profit margins, efficiency, etc. in the fast food industry, the food has just plain continued to go downhill at Taco Bell. At the most fundamental level, the quality of the cheese is so far below what it once was that there's really no comparison when it comes to the food.

Here's why Taco Bell is so much worse than it used to be:

Taco Bell Executive 1: Man, this thinly shredded real cheese is delicious.
TBE 2: It's damn expensive, though.
TBE 1: Makes tasty simple Mexican fast-food, though!
TBE 2: Check out this crap-ass low grade cheese w/ all sorts of fillers and byproducts.
TBE 1: Wow, tastes like crap!
TBE 2: Hmmm, you're right. What else is cheap?
TBE 1: Hmmm, tortilas, they are almost free.
TBE 2: OK, how about this, we use the crap cheese, then wrap the stuff in an extra tortilla and fry it up!
TBE 1: Are kids stupid enough to go for that?
TBE 2: Yes, I think they are.
TBE 1: OK, let's increase the prices!
TBE 2: YES!
TBE 1: YES!
TBE 2: YES! HAHHAHAHAHA!
TBE 1: HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!

jakethebake
07-29-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what we've been trying to tell you, Matty. That really hurt to say, didn't it? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

IndieMatty
07-29-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what we've been trying to tell you, Matty. That really hurt to say, didn't it? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this thread really spoke to me. I just quit my job. Do you have a guest room?

Ulysses
07-29-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If that were the reason, the nine billion McDonald's, slice places, cheap-ass Indian/Chinese/falafel, etc. that blanket NYC couldn't stay in business.

jakethebake
07-29-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this thread really spoke to me. I just quit my job. Do you have a guest room?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. Come down to Miami. Cost of living is so much lower. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jakethebake
07-29-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If that were the reason, the nine billion McDonald's, slice places, cheap-ass Indian/Chinese/falafel, etc. that blanket NYC couldn't stay in business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well aside from McDonalds, for those other places it helps that the owner and his family, and brother's family, and his cousin's family, etc. sleep on the floor of the kitchen.

Seriously though, are those other places as cheap as taco bell?

Wintermute
07-29-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First off, Taco Bell is not even in the same league as Chick-Fil-A, the best fast food place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chick-fil-A is damn tasty when it comes to chicken sandwiches, chicken nuggets, and waffle-fries, but their menu doesn't offer me enough variety to even be considered in the same class as TBell.

In fact, I don't see how you can proclaim Chik-fil-A the best fast food restaurant when they don't even have an undeniable best-in-class with their most popular menu item, which IMO is a toss-up, possibly narrow edge to spick chicken fillet...

Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a283/pfriedbe/menu_chicken_sandwich.jpg
Wendy's spicy chicken filet:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a283/pfriedbe/119.jpg

Ulysses
07-29-2005, 03:39 PM
Most ridiculous post ever.

mmbt0ne
07-29-2005, 03:43 PM
Wow. I mean, I might feel like having McD's french fries more than a baked potato at Bones, but that doesn't mean I'm going to question which one is actually better.

samjjones
07-29-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chick-fil-A is damn tasty when it comes to chicken sandwiches, chicken nuggets, and waffle-fries, but their menu doesn't offer me enough variety to even be considered in the same class as TBell.

In fact, I don't see how you can proclaim Chik-fil-A the best fast food restaurant when they don't even have an undeniable best-in-class with their most popular menu item, which IMO is a toss-up, possibly narrow edge to spick chicken fillet...

Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a283/pfriedbe/menu_chicken_sandwich.jpg
Wendy's spicy chicken filet:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a283/pfriedbe/119.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

This deserves a poll. Chick-Fil-A Original Chicken Sandwich vs. Wendy's Spicy Chicken Filet.

07-29-2005, 03:51 PM
Get a steak grilled stuft burrito, baja chalupa, chicken quesadilla and an order of nachos supreme. Bring a friend, this will be too much food. Go home happy.

IndieMatty
07-29-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never had Chick Fil A; is it really that good? Do I need to like make a fast food road trip?

jakethebake
07-29-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never had Chick Fil A; is it really that good? Do I need to like make a fast food road trip?

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I'm able to gather you eat about 90%+ of your meals at fast food places. Remind me why you bother living in the city again? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shajen
07-29-2005, 03:55 PM
It's pretty good stuff Matty.

If you go, the only correct play is a Chick-fil-a chicken sandwich supreme with cheese.

Otherwise you get a chicken breast on a bun and nothing else.

Good stuff though.

mmbt0ne
07-29-2005, 03:56 PM
Chicken sandwich
Chicken biscuit in the morning
Chargrilled chicken sandwich
Chicken nuggets
Waffle Fries
Ice Dream

Any and all of the above are good. Please don't put cheese on it though. Gross.

IndieMatty
07-29-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I'm able to gather you eat about 90%+ of your meals at fast food places. Remind me why you bother living in the city again? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually only eat it once a month or so. I just really love it. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ulysses
07-29-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is great. Looks like Paramus is the closest to NYC.

IndieMatty
[ QUOTE ]
Chicken sandwich
Chicken nuggets
Waffle Fries
Ice Dream

[/ QUOTE ]

What about if I got the chicken breakfast sandwich, can I get bacon and cheese on that?

sinfulslick18
i like there 59 cent nachos

-sinful

Ulysses
07-29-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chicken sandwich
Chicken nuggets
Waffle Fries
Ice Dream

[/ QUOTE ]

mmbtone is correct, Shajen is wrong.

Basic Chick-Fil-A Sandwich and nuggets are the two best things. Waffle fries and coleslaw if you want sides. The Chicken Biscuit for breakfast is also great.

Shajen
07-29-2005, 03:59 PM
Anything and everything is better with bacon and cheese.

IndieMatty
07-29-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. What a great OOT day it's been today.

Shajen
07-29-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
mmbtone is correct, Shajen is wrong.

Basic Chick-Fil-A Sandwich and nuggets are the two best things. Waffle fries and coleslaw if you want sides. The Chicken Biscuit for breakfast is also great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Negative.

mmbt0ne
07-29-2005, 04:02 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
What about if I got the chicken breakfast sandwich, can I get bacon and cheese on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. But at least give it one go before you start adding things to it.

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very wise.

samjjones
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The chicken sandwich is a breaded chicken breast (there is a touch of powdered sugar in their breading) fried in peanut oil on a bun with a single pickle slice. The nuggets and chicken strips are also similarly prepared, and are delicious, IMO. I am lucky enough to live near a Chick-Fil-A in NJ.

IndieMatty
07-29-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. But at least give it one go before you start adding things to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously I'm ordering two duder.

Wintermute
07-29-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am lucky enough to live near a Chick-Fil-A in NJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a Chick-fil-A within reasonable distance from the Garden St Pkwy? I'm heading to AC from NYC tonight, and although I prefer Wendy's spicy overall, this thread has made me crave C-f-A based on principles of scarcity.

ChoicestHops
07-29-2005, 04:06 PM
I like Taco Bell, even though supposedly it's made out of complete [censored]. It's open until 3am here and perfect for drunk munchies. Couple of grilled stuft burritos and 2 packs of fire sauce on each.

Unfortunately my body doesn't agree with it. The mixture of fire sauce and alot of burritos gave me a hemorrhoid for a week.

Wintermute
07-29-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a Chick-fil-A within reasonable distance from the Garden St Pkwy? I'm heading to AC from NYC tonight, and although I prefer Wendy's spicy overall, this thread has made me crave C-f-A based on principles of scarcity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nevermind, answered my own question. CfA just south of AC airport. CfA here I come baby!

IndieMatty
07-29-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nevermind, answered my own question. CfA just south of AC airport. CfA here I come baby!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is even more reason to pressure my friend into driving there next weekend.

samjjones
07-29-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you can't wait that long, there is one at www.woodbridgecenter.com. (http://www.woodbridgecenter.com.) Exit 130 on the Parkway. 2 minutes from Parkway if you wanted to eat 2 hours before you hit A.C.

ddubois
07-29-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not know the difference. Please enlighten me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Crispas were made of a similar material (fried, crispy, pastry-ish, perhaps more flaky than twists IIRC), but instead of being in a twist, they were in large triangluar shapes. The shape didn't hold the sugar and cinnamon very well, so there would be alot of delicious powder at the bottom of the crispas bag.

I haven't heard anyone mention the Meximelt. I thought this was one of their most yummy items, but rarely ordered it because it was less than half the size of similarly-costed items. Most TBs no longer carry it.

For a breif amount of time in the Mountan View area of California there was a "specialty" Taco Bell. It was called something like "Taco Bell Extra", except the word wasn't extra; I've forgotten the subtitle. Anyway, it had an expanded menu, and a small salsa station (similar to what El Polla Loco has). It's menu included an awesome chicken quesadilla, far and away superior to the quesadillas the TBs currently carry. Easily my favorite Taco Bell item, if it can be included. When they convereted to a regualr Taco Bell, I cried and cried, as if I had lost my favorite pair of jeans.

For regular TB items there's too many to pick a favorite. Off the top of my head I would happily eat any of Baja Beef Chalupa, Meximelts, Mexican Pizza, Double Decker, Tostadas, Cheese Quesadilla, Crunchwrap Supreme. This thread has made me very hungry, I think I will go to Taco Bell.

Ulysses
07-29-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't heard anyone mention the Meximelt. I thought this was one of their most yummy items, but rarely ordered it because it was less than half the size of similarly-costed items. Most TBs no longer carry it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, the Meximelt is gone!??!! The Meximelt was one of my faves.

stabn
07-29-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, the Meximelt is gone!??!! The Meximelt was one of my faves.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is still at my local TB but i don't think they have the special mexi-meat for it anymore so it doesn't even really taste the same /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

YourFoxyGrandma
07-29-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Baja Beef Chalupas, three of them drowned in Fire sauce.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only thing I ever order.

dtbog
07-29-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think it's pretty funny that Ithaca, NY contains a Taco Bell, while some of you in much more populated locations are talking about driving 20 minutes to get your Chalupas.

What a world.

tdp
07-29-2005, 06:46 PM
Toxic Hell is the worst fast food chain ever.Completely inedible garbage that I wouldn't eat for free.

tdp
07-29-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Cat puke wrapped in moldy cardboard will be 100x better than a Toxic Hell taco.

DrunkIrish05
07-29-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

renodoc
07-30-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Taco Bell has never been the same for once it dropped the BellBeefer from it's menu.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

miajag81
07-30-2005, 01:42 AM
Sorry Diablo, but you are wrong on this one. Chik-fil-A is not even remotely close to being the best fast food restaurant. I would rank their chicken tenders as the best of any fast food place, but their lack of other good items combined with the idiotic closed-on-Sunday nonsense kills them.

obsidian
07-30-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ChipWrecked
07-30-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry Diablo, but you are wrong on this one. Chik-fil-A is not even remotely close to being the best fast food restaurant. I would rank their chicken tenders as the best of any fast food place, but their lack of other good items combined with the idiotic closed-on-Sunday nonsense kills them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I was going to post a 'be advised' about the closed on Sunday part. Even mall locations. CfA is based in the ATL and run by hardcore Christians. If religious politics has any weight in your choice of fast food, that's a nugget for you.

And, the reason the main axe sandwich is only a chicken breast with a pickle and butter is because the breast is so damn good. I used to toss the sorry-ass pickle. Chik-fil-a is about to open a NorCal location near me. My wife laughs at my eagerness to partake.

Riskwise
07-30-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> CHIPOTLE. GAME. OVER.</font>

bighomage
07-30-2005, 03:14 AM
A crunchwrap with Baja sauce instead of sour cream is the new gordita crunch.

ILL34GL3
07-30-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think eating at taco bell is similar to eating out of the garbage. But I did it a lot when I was 17.

[/ QUOTE ]
One time I got a Mexican Pizza while tripping on some acid and couldn't eat it because I got a serious garbage vibe from the [censored].

Taco Bell makes for a yummy snack but [censored] making a meal out of that [censored].

TomHimself
07-30-2005, 04:22 AM
2 Cheesy Gordita crunches, Nachos supreme, and something else with Mountain Dew Code Red is awesome.

o and the meximelt was sick i think they still carry it by me. and does anyone remember like a chicken type meximelt, it was just a soft taco with melted chesse and chicken but delicious

kasey2004
07-30-2005, 07:07 AM
Taco Bell RULEZ... CrunchWrap Supremes are ooo soo yummy....

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Kasey /images/graemlins/spade.gif

goofball
07-30-2005, 07:32 AM
Double decker taco supreme.

___SK___
07-30-2005, 07:58 AM
I didnt see one reference to the best item on the taco bell menu.

The CARAMEL APPLE EMPANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RubberDucky
07-30-2005, 08:05 AM
1 cheesy gordita crunch + 2 baja beef gorditas-tomatos + wild cherry pepsi

beerbandit
07-30-2005, 08:16 AM
they have tco bell and kfc combined by me -- so you can get some kfc mac and cheese and a burrito

boo-ya

edit: anyone wo says the mac and cheese sucks-----------you suck

another edit: they have that game on the counter, that if you land coins on the pedastles(sp) you win tacos or some other item ---- thats pretty sweet, ive never won but if your good thatd be a pretty good deal

later honkeyss

beerbandit
07-30-2005, 08:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't heard anyone mention the Meximelt.

[/ QUOTE ]

meximelt = good, light pico for me though

right now the closest taco bell to me is benig remodeled, i am told it is combining with the kfc next door --- bonus, but no enchiritos for me right now

grande meal = drunk mans feast (you cant taste anyway)

aloha burrito supremes

beerbandit
07-30-2005, 08:27 AM
i guess i could just try and gizoogle it -- but im so lazy and drunk right now

what the [censored] does the name mean?

dtbog
07-30-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
another edit: they have that game on the counter, that if you land coins on the pedastles(sp) you win tacos or some other item ---- thats pretty sweet, ive never won but if your good thatd be a pretty good deal

[/ QUOTE ]

I won it once in high school. A friend of mine was a god, though -- he won something free maybe 1/3 of the times we were there.

RIGGED