PDA

View Full Version : Feeney's weeners report

11-19-2001, 01:38 AM
back a few posts some of those were raving about that thing called a hot dog. you know things made with cow lips and other parts that we all ate as youngsters. i was surprised how many still relish, ha ha those tubes.

our resident tofu eating john feeney mentioned how he likes and eats Yevs hot dogs. they are of course no meat as he wouldnt be caught dead with a piece cow hanging from his lip. since there are absolutely no other posters that would taste his recommendations i was left to the job. here is my report to you all.

i had a choice of yevs tofu dogs or vegi dogs. i chose vegi dogs but they had about the same ingredients. they look exactly like the cheap hot dogs you get in the store. along with some sweet potato french fries, i had two of the things between a slice of old world wheat bread. i must report that they taste like a real hot dog but without those little white things inside that are hard and crunchy. the package says they keep for months so thats good. maybe feeney does have taste buds after all. so long now as i am going to eat a cutie tofutti ice cream bar. those taste better than real ones.

11-19-2001, 02:26 AM
Hmmmm, I missed Johns post. Anyway, this is a coincidence in time that this subject popped up because just a few days ago I tried three similar products and am happy to report that they were all great. First was the chikin patty, made by Morningstar farms, I guess they are made out of soy protein or whatever but these things tasted exactly like the real thing. Delicious, yet cruelty free and more healthy, now thats a combo!

I also tried Morningstar Farms chikin buffalo wings, excellent again, they fooled my friend! he though he was eating real chicken. This vegetarian goal of mine may be easier to achieve then I previously thought. Finally I indulged on some Boca Burgers, man these things do taste pretty damn close to the real thing. Anyway, I bought 2 big boxes of the things at Costco because I liked them so much.

I can't wait to try the hotdogs and other vegetarian treats.

11-19-2001, 02:38 AM
I can't help but picture the legendary Ray Zee in the old days. Playing no-nonsense poker with the rough-necks in the back alleys of wherever, about to make an all-in bluff for a monster size pot... All the while eating his cutie tofutti ice cream bar.

11-19-2001, 06:17 AM
It's hard to believe that a good old boy like Ray wants to eat healthy. Whenever he is in town I have a failsafe system for all our meals, I just order whatever he gets. Sometimes Ray feels a little guilty and will ask if I like such and such. Of course I say, "Ray, if you like it I'm all for it."

He did however become very offended when I once said to the waitress that I'll order what he's getting and then I pointed to Dan Harrington. However, Ray and Dan wouldn't let something trivial like this come between their friendship and did begin to speak again after a few weeks. But that's another story and won't be told here.

11-19-2001, 08:08 AM
me out..i'll make a greezy chili mac sauce and smother the cheepest fattest,scrappiest frankfurter available and inhale..gl

11-19-2001, 11:42 AM
Yes , Boca burgers are very good. The other brands I've tried taste like cardboard.

11-19-2001, 12:59 PM
The dogs of the food industry have long be offended by the term HOT DOG...A hot dog can be either a male or female dog in heat. No one would let that touch their lips. Hot dogs are the show offs of the poker world. Taking risks at every turn often drowning in the ragging river.

The correct term would be, Tube Steak, Chicago makes the best.

SPM,...no catch up...

P.S. These lips will never eat toe food, all that jam, it's to sweet.

11-19-2001, 03:31 PM
Z something for all your "FRIENDS" weeners!!! Mix them in with the onions!!! WHO KNEW!!!!!!!!

It's a Conocybe filaris. The toxin in this species is the same kind of stuff that's in Amanita virosa. This mushroom can be particularly dangerous because it's habitat is similar to where Psilocybe species grow - woody debris (mulch) in or near lawns. The ring can fall off, but if it's still present you can see the ridges of tissue on the ring from where the gill edges met.

ENJOY EVERY MORSAL!!!!!!!

11-19-2001, 05:08 PM
You knew I wouldn't steer wrong another one of the double "e" guys. Those Yves products are one of the most consistently good lines of "meatless" meat products. "Tofu Pups" are of course another of the best meatless hot dogs (tube steaks - excuse me). Another very good meatless chicken product is the Buffalo wings by "Health is Wealth." Unfortunately, I suspect that's a more obscure company whose stuff is probably only found in big, well stocked health/natural food stores.

Come on scalf, just one teenie veggie dog, just one!

For cereal lovers who want a multi-grain cereal with organic grains, try "Heritage" cereal by Nature's Path.

Also, a segment I heard on NPR convinced me to get organic eggs. The antibiotics given to chickens in "non-organic" operations are apparently contributing significantly to the reduced effectiveness of antibiotics. This, I think, is a serious problem, which we'll be hearing a lot more about in the next few years.

Uh oh, you got me started, Ray... At least I didn't start talking about poisonous mushrooms. /images/smile.gif

11-19-2001, 07:03 PM
I would also suggest "Not Dog" brand veggie weeners.

11-19-2001, 08:03 PM
it was a stabbing pain,,,then like a mack truck on my chest..i felt sick...couldn't catch my breath...then radiation of pain down my left arm...so i took my right arm and took another bite of that greezy chili mac doggie, what a crime it would be to end up with a perfect body...lol..gl

11-19-2001, 09:49 PM
its real bad to eat stuff that shot with antibiotics. you are getting them and dont need them and build up an immunity. organic eggs taste better as well. i get almost all organic vegis and they taste much better than the stuff in the store. i dont buy any products of food from mexico or south america as they dont have our pesticide standards which are too lenient. some of our banned stuff is legal to use down there. i dont drink any bovine growth hormone (BHT) milk either. which is most milk sold.

11-19-2001, 09:52 PM
gee thanks paul. i will send you some more of those nice brown moose eggs you like so much.

we had a dry year and didnt get many shaggy mane mushrooms this fall as they need a rain to really get breaking thru the ground. but with the big fire up by me it will be a big year for morels in the spring.

11-20-2001, 12:35 AM
I have just stopped being a Ray Zee fan.

Down here is Texas we have cows that need to be sold!! And next he will be touting vegesteaks...what's the world comming to ?

11-20-2001, 01:10 AM
hmm, a vegi steak thanks ill try to get the world to change in that direction.

but jim if people ate all that cow meat they would die young from heart problems and cancer, so if they dont they will live longer and be around to buy your product. hows that.:)

11-20-2001, 07:20 AM
I always buy that organic milk, hopefully the labels are honest and accurate

11-20-2001, 01:28 PM
"At least I didn't start talking about poisonous mushrooms."

U were right all along Z!!!!!!!!!!!

rcf

ps:They'll be arriving shortly!! Have a lovely salad!!!

11-21-2001, 09:01 PM
Sounds like a psy(losyben)chodelic, not to mention very painful salad!! But I'm not a vegetarian traitor! I'm a SEMI-vegetarian traitor!!!!!!!!