PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you high rollers invest part of your active bankroll?

Nicholasp27
07-29-2005, 09:37 AM
Some of you have 20k+ in your account at any given time for your bankroll

however, you can only use so much of it at a time, and the money that you don't use to buy-in is just sitting there getting 0 interest

it seems that it would be better to withdraw all but, say, 30 buyins and put that into an interest-bearing account that you could still have access to if needed...if u bust the 30 buy-ins on a cooler, u can just take the money out of savings and reload until u get back to ur previous level and then put back in the excess again...

maybe if neteller offered a money market option like paypal does, this would be easiest, as u could just keep all ur money in neteller money market and then whenever u wanna load up 8 tournies, just transfer those buy-ins to ur account...but barring that, does anybody take the more complicated way of withdrawing it and placing it into an interest bearing account (say 3.15% at ing or 3.25% at emigrant-direct savings accounts)?

without having thought about it much, it seems like this would just be a win-win...u don't need access to your entire bankroll each day...u just have to have access to all of the money and it earmarked for nothing but your br for it to be part of your br

viennagreen
07-29-2005, 11:44 AM
i think a lot of people have ING savings accounts... good interest rate for a bank account.

Ogre
07-29-2005, 01:37 PM
I invest all my profit at chipotle