PDA

View Full Version : Those turn betters!

Absolution
07-29-2005, 09:08 AM
So, I'm on the slow road up from 0.05/0.10. I just 'moved up' to 0.10/0.20 last night. The play is basically the same. Everybody is very loose passive. You see a few more short handed pots at this level. Their favorite move though seems to be the turn raise or turn check raise.

Case(s) in point:

Hand 1:

I just sat down for my first session of 0.1/0.2:

Folded to me on the button K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif
I raise, SB calls, BB folds.

Didn't know anything yet about SB except he was playing with a small stack.

Flop (5 SB):

Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif

He checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn (7 SB): 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif

he checks, I bet, he raises.

I called down from there.

Hand 2:

This is much later. I'm getting sucked out pretty bad, but I'm used to it at these levels (some clueless guy is up 50 BB playing every hand and calling most to the river). Nice table.

Anyway:

clueless limps (surprise) in EP, I get A/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gif in MP and raise, one caller in LP, SB completes, BB folds.

Flop (9SB): 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

clueless donk bets me, I raise, LP folds, SB calls 2, clueless calls.

Turn (15SB): A/images/graemlins/heart.gif

clueless checks, I bet, SB raises, clueless folds.

I called down from here.

What do you think? Most of the time at this level I think I should be giving these guys more credit (unless I've seen otherwise) when they come alive on the turn. I think a turn bluff is pretty rare at this level where it's so passive. I'm thinking fold on the first hand, but the second is good. Should I be letting go most top pairs on these scarey boards?

thesharpie
07-29-2005, 09:13 AM
Hand 1 is fine. Hand 2 is read dependant. I raise this flop against certain people. Call down once you get raised on the turn.

McGahee
07-29-2005, 09:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you think? Most of the time at this level I think I should be giving these guys more credit (unless I've seen otherwise) when they come alive on the turn. I think a turn bluff is pretty rare at this level where it's so passive. I'm thinking fold on the first hand, but the second is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree - thanks for saving me some time /images/graemlins/cool.gif

topspin
07-29-2005, 09:25 AM
Hand 1 looks fine. I'm not raising the flop in hand 2. I figure you've got maybe 3 discounted outs on this super-coordinated board -- getting just 10-1 from the pot, I think it's pretty close between a fold and a call.

EDIT: To clarify on hand 1: how small is villain's stack? If I think he's just stacking off I might oblige him. Regardless, HU and given that your play looks like a blind steal, you have to show this hand down. I'm not going nuts once I get raised on the turn though.