PDA

View Full Version : QQ late and scary (?) turn

CCx
07-29-2005, 07:42 AM
Home game - 39 started, 11 left, 9 pay - Starting stacks were 3k, I have 25k and am the chipleader or very very close to it - we're 6-handed.

I've been bullying the table with mostly good cards, some steals - villain in this hand has about 14k and is generally solid, though I have seen him get out of line in prior games.

Blinds 500/1000, I pick up Q /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif UTG+1, I raise to 3000 (standard raise) - folds to SB (villain) who calls, BB folds.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets out 2000, I raise instantly to 6000 - SB thinks for roughly 71 minutes and then calls. I have him almost entirely on AdJ or KdJ at this point.

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, hero.....?

billyjex
07-29-2005, 07:45 AM
i would probably put him all in on the flop. you're almost giving him odds to draw to a flush.

the pot is so big just put him all in on the turn. you're not getting away from the hand. if he has the flush or a 7, thats poker, baby.

PremiumHands
07-29-2005, 08:10 AM
He has 5,000 left and the pot is 18,000. You'd be forced to call if he pushes, so I'd go all-in and give him the chance to get out with out with a couple blinds left.

He started the hand with an M of 9, and you've reached a well known inflection point, so there is a real possibility that he has a hand like AK. That said, diamonds or Jacks are the most likely holdinds, imo.

07-29-2005, 09:31 AM
You shoulda been looking at the all in a little earlier because what you effictively did was pad the pot to give him odds to chase the flush draw. Your in bad shape now but your ass deep into this hand...
cdl

CCx
07-29-2005, 12:34 PM
i ended up pushing the turn, he called with A9d, no Q on the river - said he almost folded to the 6k raise so indeed pushing the flop would have got it done

pretty much the discussion we had afterwards was that i should have pushed the flop there, live and learn

thanks guys

07-29-2005, 01:00 PM
qs are dangerous late...i mean there great pf but your gonna have issues afterwards...maybe you coulda raised to like 5500 and just picked up the 1500 plus the antes with a decent chance to survive? /images/graemlins/ooo.gif