PDA

View Full Version : PF considerations, 10+1

PokerAmateur4
07-29-2005, 07:29 AM
In the land of realativity, this one, I'm a begginer. Nevertheless, isn't it good to be playing such hands as k7s, a2s, on button or co, even a bit earlier if there's a lot of callers, in 10+1 PF?

sahala
07-29-2005, 07:36 AM
If by doing this you can ensure that you have a decent stack in L4 and L5, then by all means go for it. Just keep in mind that the big pots are in later levels. You need to make sure you survive to the later levels.

tigerite
07-29-2005, 08:05 AM
A2s isn't terrible, but if I was to play it, I would only call on the button, with at least 3 limpers. K7s I don't like so much because it can only make the 2nd nut flush. The other key is as long as you can get away from these hands post flop, which isn't always so easy as you might think. However, in a tournament bear in mind that draws are death, and with A2 it generally is just the flush you're going for, and your Ace is often not good for an out either (someone will have a higher kicker, and have paired the flop, and call you especially at the lower level, they are fish after all). So just be aware of that, and don't chase, even with odds, if it's going to cost you too much of your stack.

It's for these reasons I prefer a hand like T9s here.

PokerAmateur4
07-29-2005, 06:55 PM
Why not chase if I have, let's say 2:1 on the flop at an A flush?

When you mean 3 limpers, does that include the bb?

07-29-2005, 06:57 PM

KramerTM
07-29-2005, 07:12 PM
Suited cards cost MORE to make your hand and win LESS when they do as compared to wired pairs/flopped sets. In other words, the fact that the hand is less hidden when you make it, I've found from my experience that the implied odds of suited cards like these aren't high enough to limp with in the early levels. Plus, you WILL lose money at some point calling with TPWK when the flop gets checked around and you get fooled into thinking you're best. Level 1 limps I'm willing to forgive, but I think limping in Level 2 with these types of hands can pssobily be a massive leak in people's games. That said, if you're going to do it anywhere and get it away with it, it's at the 11s. I wouldn't try this at the 22s or higher though.

Uppercut
07-29-2005, 07:36 PM
Why on earth would you want to play easily-dominated hands that can get you busted out when you hit your top pair? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

11t
07-29-2005, 07:40 PM
Making calls like this are going to put you in a lot of marginal situations early. If you are good at post flop poker then yes, perhaps you can play these hands and turn a profit. However with how shallow the stacks are on the 11's and with the propencity of donks to draw I would say this is going to cost you many buy ins down the road if you are a semi weak player.