PDA

View Full Version : We need more 92s hands around here

Transference
07-29-2005, 06:53 AM
SB is very fishy and loose. His vpip is only ~50 but his calls are pretty much arbitrary, ive seen him limp with 36os so he can play any two at pretty much any time. He leads with any piece and sometimes a draw, but almost never raises. He calls down consistently with no pair and no draw.

Button is also pretty horrible. 64/7/.75. Capable of random bluffs and weird raises that he probably thinks are for value.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG posts a blind of $5.
UTG (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

River: (8 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

prayformojo
07-29-2005, 08:05 AM
Does SB call the river consistently without a pair or with a busted draw? I know you say he calls down a lot, but I'd need to be sure that that extends to the river before overcalling here.

Behind to almost any 9 (other than a counterfeited flopped 2 pair), I don't see Hero winning this even 1/11 times. The combination of a passive but bluffy player bluffing with nothing and a calling station calling with nothing is appealing, but I need a stronger hand to call here.

kapw7
07-29-2005, 08:17 AM
The pot is big but I wouldn't like to overcall this and with 1 more player to act.