PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem people

Bigwig
07-29-2005, 06:33 AM
Over my last 1300 SNGs I've experienced a large increase in 4th places. And it's getting worse.

Honestly, I don't remember a lot of discussion over the probably causes of bubbling out. My intuitive feeling is that I'm simply running bad. I seem to be the one guy who keeps getting called. Which, generally speaking, is not good on the bubble.

For a while I was concerned that I wasn't calling enough. But I seem to have fixed that. I'm pretty comfortable with my calling standards at this point. Any ideas? Just good old f***** variance?

curtains
07-29-2005, 06:46 AM
Are your overall numbers fine or at least very similar to what they were before? Anyway Im sure it's meaningless. I would never even notice such a thing if it happened to me.

Sabrazack
07-29-2005, 07:01 AM
Im going to say variance. I had 9% 1st place finishes after 800 tournaments. Im now at 1000 tournaments with 11% first place finishes. However, might be a good idea to recheck the hands you are busting with on the bubble.

octaveshift
07-29-2005, 10:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I seem to be the one guy who keeps getting called.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because we all know your screen name.

"tightbutts38" is a little obvious, no?

Big Limpin'
07-29-2005, 10:19 AM
is it possible you are making more bubble pushes based on your cards/stack wiht less regard to table position (read: how many act behind you).

THats something i was donking before...id make alot of K9 8BB pushes from MP, and running into alot of "ppls aking up with monsters"...then i noticed when this was happening, i was often open pushing with co, button, SB AND BB acting blind behind me. Its no wonder that they would eventually have some calling hands.

BL'

Gramps
07-29-2005, 10:36 AM
Well, if most of that total is over the last 5 weeks, it would be explained by the addition of the 75/150 blind level. You have more time to wait on the shortish stack, and don't have to make as many "forced crap pushes" that get one knocked out earlier. Hence, your 4ths should probably go up a couple of a % just by default (other people knocking each other out while you have more time to wait for a decent pushing hand).

So long as your 1st-3rds are at least as good as before, then don't sweat it too hard. My 6ths/7ths went way down, and my 3rds-5ths went significantly up once the new blind level was added.

07-29-2005, 10:59 AM
Yeah, you should probably go into blind-stealing mode a little later, when the blinds become a bigger threat towards the elimination of the short stack, and everyone else goes into collective pussy mode.

Bigwig
07-29-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, if most of that total is over the last 5 weeks, it would be explained by the addition of the 75/150 blind level. You have more time to wait on the shortish stack, and don't have to make as many "forced crap pushes" that get one knocked out earlier. Hence, your 4ths should probably go up a couple of a % just by default (other people knocking each other out while you have more time to wait for a decent pushing hand).

So long as your 1st-3rds are at least as good as before, then don't sweat it too hard. My 6ths/7ths went way down, and my 3rds-5ths went significantly up once the new blind level was added.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what, I hadn't thought of that. I think this is probably a major contributor.