PDA

View Full Version : Black Widow Spider?

11-17-2001, 02:15 PM
I am close. close to being done working on my sisters apartment. Heard that befofe?

Last night while sweeping up debris in the new apartment's kitchen I came accross a spider. It was about an inch long with yellow markings on it's back. Not knowing anything about spiders I immediately thought it was a black widow. What else could it be? The only other spider name I know is "Daddy Long Legs" and I knew it weren't that.

So I found an empty container, tuna can from the contractors lunch, and I put the suspect in it and went about my business. I decided I would look up Black Widow on the internet before ending it's stay in my sisters house.

Black widow description: Female: red belly. Male: yellow stuff on back. Home: Ohio not Massachusetts.

The next morning I went down to the apartment. It is two converted garages attached to the basement of my nephews' house. I took the plastic wrap off of the tuna can and removed the suspect. I asked him the usual questions. "How are you? Did you sleep will? Did you like the left over tuna?" Then I carefully turned him over on his back and observed his belly to make sure he wasn't a she and didn't have a red belly. She, he, didn't. So as I was about to place my rebok on his delicate little six legged body, I thought "Hey if it is a Black Widow male, it isn't poisonous so why kill the poor thing." Besides if you all know how the Black Widow gets her name then you will know that this poor sucker isn't long for this world anyway. Might as well let him enjoy his last life cycle event. Who said a little sex never hurt anyone? So I threw the opened tuna can into the back yard and wished him, her well.

Well that's my story. Bye.

vince

11-17-2001, 02:42 PM
one of your very best,,,we need some vince desparately...gl

11-17-2001, 05:00 PM
I hate to be a nit.... But if you counted six legs on this creature then it was an insect you found, since as far as I know, all spiders (arachnids) have eight legs. Nonetheless, it was an enjoyable post :>)

11-17-2001, 06:42 PM
Vince,

Great story! I think there's a lesson to be learned. Next time I pick up a chic, I'm going to make sure she's a female, then I'll ask her if she was ever married.

Good Luck

Mark

11-17-2001, 08:08 PM
Vince, I have the same relationship with the local copperheads in my area. They don't bite me and I don't kill them...(male or female)

hillbilly- praise the Lord and pass me a copperhead!

11-18-2001, 01:13 PM
Vince,

Your back and with a great story. We have all missed you. What other adventures have you had sinse leaving us with no word.

SPM,...play long and prosper...

11-18-2001, 03:23 PM
Don't forget to lift up her top and look at her tummy.

11-18-2001, 06:59 PM
Hi Vince

Long time no see! Other than spider and your sister's apt. how's it going? John's dad is pretty sick. Been in hospital since last Sunday. E-mail him if you get the time. thanks hoping to see yoou soon

Mary

11-18-2001, 09:09 PM
I liked your story, Vince.

Did you know that Daddy Long Legs are far, far more poisonous than the female Black Widow spider? Their fangs just aren't long enough to penetrate human skin.