PDA

View Full Version : need some major help with my game

CDSNUTSINYAMOUTH
07-29-2005, 04:26 AM
seem to be going in with the worst of it...getting trapped by these guys...

***** Hand History for Game 2442333921 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:14355399 Level:2 Blinds(15/30) - Friday, July 29, 04:11:29 EDT 2005
Table Table 35053 (Real Money)
Seat 7 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 9: DeQwell ( $1050 )
Seat 8: Texican58 ( $1195 )
Seat 6: Hero ( $650 )
Seat 5: blad5 ( $645 )
Seat 3: haidaboy ( $405 )
Seat 10: Jay_Hornish ( $940 )
Seat 1: rivorrazor ( $605 )
Seat 7: n2qmt ( $685 )
Seat 4: BULLITT1969 ( $955 )
Seat 2: RiverShark7 ( $870 )
Trny:14355399 Level:2
Blinds(15/30)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ 7d 7c ]
>You have options at Table 11176 Table!.
Jay_Hornish calls [30].
rivorrazor folds.
RiverShark7 folds.
haidaboy folds.
BULLITT1969 calls [30].
blad5 calls [30].
Hero calls [30].
n2qmt folds.
Texican58 calls [15].
DeQwell checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 6d, 2s, 4h ]
Texican58 checks.
DeQwell checks.
Jay_Hornish checks.
BULLITT1969 bets [30].
blad5 calls [30].
Hero is all-In [620]
Texican58 folds.
DeQwell folds.
Jay_Hornish folds.
BULLITT1969 calls [590].
blad5 folds.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 3d ]
** Dealing River ** [ Ac ]
BULLITT1969 shows [ Th, Td ] a pair of tens.
Hero shows [ 7d, 7c ] a pair of sevens.
BULLITT1969 wins 1450 chips from the main pot with a pair of tens.
Hero finished in tenth place.

looks like i sucked the big one in this hand

another hand:
***** Hand History for Game 2442144843 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:14354372 Level:3 Blinds(25/50) - Friday, July 29, 03:08:17 EDT 2005
Table Table 11213 (Real Money)
Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 8
Seat 1: Bill34 ( $837 )
Seat 3: ShifterMania ( $815 )
Seat 4: alvin2424 ( $630 )
Seat 5: Anh222 ( $1130 )
Seat 6: Hero ( $590 )
Seat 8: fasin8ing1 ( $1795 )
Seat 9: bout2beatu ( $988 )
Seat 10: haiau ( $1215 )
Trny:14354372 Level:3
Blinds(25/50)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Ah Jc ]
haiau folds.
Bill34 folds.
ShifterMania folds.
alvin2424 folds.
Anh222 calls [50].
Bill34: nh
Hero is all-In [590]
fasin8ing1 folds.
bout2beatu folds.
Anh222 calls [540].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 7s, Ts, 4d ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 8h ]
** Dealing River ** [ 8d ]
Anh222 shows [ Kd, Ad ] a pair of eights.
Hero shows [ Ah, Jc ] a pair of eights.
Anh222 wins 1255 chips from the main pot with a pair of eights with king kicker.
Hero finished in eighth place.

so just wondering how I can play better...
finding these SNGs more frustrating especially during a downswing i guess i made it a downswing when u go in with the WORST OF IT

thanks for the feedback

david050173
07-29-2005, 07:22 AM
You are too loose. Those big bets win you small pots but allmost every time you are called you are behind. You are not going to win enough small ones to make up for the thimes you are called. The shortness of your stack here also implies you are playing to many hands.

07-29-2005, 09:02 AM
I don't think pushing, even with overpair, is a good play when 6 people see the flop, and theres a bet and call before you.

therock
07-29-2005, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

so just wondering how I can play better...
finding these SNGs more frustrating especially during a downswing i guess i made it a downswing when u go in with the WORST OF IT

[/ QUOTE ]

These are terrible plays and I think you have hugh holes in your game. I would move down to the $6 turbos at Pokerstars ($.50 rake vs. $1 on Party) and work on your game.

When you make a huge overbet with a marginal hand, you will only be called by a better hand.

CaptSensible
07-29-2005, 09:18 AM
Here's a cut and paste of a document I downloaded on here. These are really good general rules to follow:

PRE-FLOP STRATEGY

LEVELS 1-3
EARLY POSITION (Seats 1-7), play only a pair or AK

1. With JJ or lower, limp in.
--for tighter play, fold 66 or lower.
--for more aggressive play, limp only on Level 1; after that, raise or fold – Do not do this with small pairs
--If re-raised up to 3BBs, call
2. Open-raise 3BBs with AA, KK, QQ, AK, more if several limpers
--for more aggressive play, bet 200-300. When playing aggressively, you need to be prepared to also play the flop aggressively as you are investing more of your stack.
--If re-raised, go all-in (OK to raise all-in with AKo, AKs, but don’t call an all-in with it unless significant portion of stack already invested and one opponent only)

LATE POSITION

1. Raise at least 3BBs with 77 or better, 200-300 for more aggressiveness (limping with 77-JJ is always a good option)
2. also limp in with AQs, AQ, AJs, ATs, KQs, QJs, JTs if there are calls ahead of you, raise if there are not.
--Fold if re-raised.
--AQs is marginal in early position but strong later
3. On the button, limping with hands like T9s, 98s, 87s, AJ, and KQ is an option, but requires experience.

Early rounds: AJo, KQo, ATo, KJo, QJo, JTo (and worse) are generally big trouble.

LEVELS 4-6
Open-raise (at least 3BBs, more if limpers ahead of you) from all positions with:
1. 77-AA, AK, AQ
2. AKs-ATs, KQs-KJs, QJs, JTs

LATE POSITION
Raise with KTs, QTs, KQ, AJ, if you are first in the pot
Raise with 2 cards J-A, T9s, 98s, or 87s if you have a good stack, late position and no raisers already in pot. Limp if there are already lots of limpers

DOWN TO 4 PLAYERS
Never enter a raised pot without AA, KK, QQ, AK unless raiser has ½ your stack or less.
If a small raise to you, go all-in with these hands and call with a few others (AQ, JJ, TT,)
-experienced players can enter pots with less, but good judgment is necessary

-If short stacked on bubble, you want to be first in the pot; bet big or all-in
-If very shortstacked, push (if first in) with Axs,A7+,pairs
-When calling down shortstack all-ins. You want to have AT-AK and pairs 77-AA.
-If shortstack has 2BB or less, it is worth calling from BB with almost anything
-When playing with a huge stack, be careful of other huge stacks even with great hands (AK, KQs, JJ, etc…).

General Preflop Considerations
-When calling a raise, you need a better hand than you needed to raise in the first place
-When a raise has already been called, you need an even better hand
-When in the small blind, you can limp with slightly worse hands than normal
-When calling min raises once already in for one bet, almost any calling hand is still playable ON THE FLOP

EARLY STAGES

On the flop, raise the amount of the pot with the following, otherwise fold:
1. top pair with a good kicker
2. 2 pair (no pair on board), set, or boat
3. 4 flush with overcards or other possibilities (bottom/middle pairs, straight draws, etc…)
4. open-ended straight with lots of outs (3-flush, 2 overcards, etc.) Open ended straights are highly overrated.

Play drawing hands aggressively (you need to have good stack to play a draw)
1. best to act last: bet the pot
2. consider semi-bluff in LP
3. if bet to you on flop is ½ the pot or less, raise to size of pot if you have large stack
--If re-raised, fold

Do not slowplay monster hands, especially when draws are on the board.

Post-flop, all bets should be size of pot. If any recommended bet (3BBs, pot, etc.) is 40% or more of stack, go all-in.

LATE STAGES
If short stacked, Level 5 and later, go all in or fold.
--Play only with pocket pairs, AK-AT, or KQs
--On button, aim to steal about 25% of blinds with hands like A7s-A9s, KTs-KJs.

-Play very tight with 4 left, much looser when in money. Don’t worry about second place: gamble for 1st, settle for 3rd.
-Don’t worry about attacking the short stacks. Quickly increasing blinds and their own loose play will take them out.
-With three players left, any piece of the flop becomes valuable. Do not be afraid to bet middle pairs if there is no reason to believe opponent has stronger hand. If there is a raise preflop and an ace or king comes on flop play cautiously

TURN AND RIVER

-The turn and river should be more easily played. The flop is where your most crucial decisions are made
-When you think you are beaten on the river, a fold to a small bet is usually a mistake unless you have no hand at all

GENERAL STRATEGY

-Top pair, top kicker is usually considered risky in NL, but Party’s structure forces aggressive play.
-Experienced players; if flop is rags and pot not raised ahead of you preflop, bet the pot.
-AKo, AKs are good for an all-in bet, but not to call an all-in. AK or AKs all-in bets work best pre-flop so hand has full board to work with.
-If any recommended bet is 40% or more of your stack, go all-in.
-When holding middle pair, if flop is checked all around and turn brings no scare cards (3-flush on board, 3 straight on board, cards higher than your middle pair, etc…) play that pair aggressively on the turn. When raised, be prepared to abandon if you suspect a trap.
-Anytime you are prepared to check and call, it is better to bet in the first place
-If you do decide to expand your play to include more creativity, this plan is tilt protection should you need to fall back on more straightforward play in rocky times.
-Anytime you get a bad beat, simply say “nh” or “gg” as the case may be

How to Beat Partypoker $10+1 NLHE One table tournaments

Moonsugar
07-29-2005, 10:20 AM
You could start by changing your nick, maybe that will help.

CDSNUTSINYAMOUTH
07-29-2005, 05:50 PM
yeah i've read aleo magus' strategy

concerning someone saying i'm short stacked already...
you don't really know what hands i've played up to that point. I had medium pairs playing set value getting the odds to call preflop and the implied odds.

the point of that play is not to be called, that's the point of going all in.
I know if I'm gonna get called I"ll probably be beat.
i made those plays cuz' I thought I had the best hand period. If they fold, they fold, i'm happy to take down a small pot and protect my hand.
77 i was just protecting my hand with an overpair..i will charge A6 or overcards to call
A6 will call probably at the 10+1 level

AJ, when you see soemoen open limp LP do you think that's weakness
I think so, I'm seeing Ax or whatever. i'm not going to make a mini raise cuz' 1) he'll probably call 2) that's most of my stack

so if you these are such bad plays, I asked initially how WOULD YOU PLAY THEM DIFFERENTLY
that's why i posted these hands..to know how I can play them better...not being forward do a aleo magus' worksheet...or someone telling me to move down to the 6s.
I just want to know how you could play these hands BETTER.

and if you want my screen name changed, then you change it
thanks

MegaBet
07-29-2005, 05:56 PM
Hand 1: OK preflop call, but you really need a set or a high straight to be going all in here, and even then you shouldn't go all in, but bet enough to be called.

Hand 2: All in with AJ preflop in an 8-handed game is never a good thing. You'll only be called with a better hand. Raise? Yes. And you can get away from the hand if re-raised.

Both times the blinds are low compared to your stack size, so you are taking huge risks for little reward.

CDSNUTSINYAMOUTH
07-29-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: OK preflop call, but you really need a set or a high straight to be going all in here, and even then you shouldn't go all in, but bet enough to be called.

Hand 2: All in with AJ preflop in an 8-handed game is never a good thing. You'll only be called with a better hand. Raise? Yes. And you can get away from the hand if re-raised.

Both times the blinds are low compared to your stack size, so you are taking huge risks for little reward.

[/ QUOTE ]

appreciate the feedback,
so hand #1 you would raise on the flop? how much?
i don't really want to get called lots of overcards lots of ppl in the hand I mean I guess call and then fold perhaps? i really don't know.

Hand #2,i was in LP on the button I believe
i get one guy who open LIMPS
125 in the pot and I have 590, I think. If i mini raise, i might get the bb and the limper to call. if i don't connect now what? push? at that point, i'll have 440 in chips, the pot will be around 475. Push on a shitty board?
it was 8 handed preflop..but like i said it played like a shorthanded hand since everyone folded and the open limper limps in with AKs.

MegaBet
07-29-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

appreciate the feedback,
so hand #1 you would raise on the flop? how much?
i don't really want to get called lots of overcards lots of ppl in the hand I mean I guess call and then fold perhaps? i really don't know.

Hand #2,i was in LP on the button I believe
i get one guy who open LIMPS
125 in the pot and I have 590, I think. If i mini raise, i might get the bb and the limper to call. if i don't connect now what? push? at that point, i'll have 440 in chips, the pot will be around 475. Push on a shitty board?
it was 8 handed preflop..but like i said it played like a shorthanded hand since everyone folded and the open limper limps in with AKs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1: I would bet 100 into this flop. You would most likely be raised and you're free to fold losing the minimum. If you are called I'd be very cautious and try to get to the showdown for free. Again, if the guy is just calling with pocket 10s here, he may be bluffable if an ace hits. That's where your reads help.

Hand 2: OK, maybe I was a little harsh. Had you seen this guy limp with a big hand before? If this was me, I'd raise to 150 and would have a tough laydown if the guy went all in behind me. I'd be thinking he had a medium/low pocket pair. Hand 2 is definitely the tougher to play. As a side note, if you raised and villain just called and an ace flopped, you'd have no way of getting away from it. These situations happen, and that's why we all LOSE more than 50% of the time /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hope I've helped a little bit.