PDA

View Full Version : AK: need some advice here.

intensify1
07-29-2005, 03:47 AM
this one made me stop and think to raise turn or becareful. The UTG is very aggressive an have no digits on his %'s. He did 3 bet 55 after raiser and cold caller limped, and he bet the whole way with a gutshot and Q on river in position.

Hero is Button A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif
2 folds
UTG calls
Hero raises
UTG calls

Flop: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villian bets
Hero raises
Villian 3 bets
Hero calls

Turn K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

villian bets
hero?

alta_chuttes
07-29-2005, 03:58 AM
Just call v most opponents, you only improved v T9 unless you think he just had a K.

If your read was he overplayed a K then your plan should have been to either cap the flop or raise any turn, I'm thinking raise the turn as manaics don't fold or even slow down when they should.

So the turn card shouldn't have changed your flop plan.

mscags
07-29-2005, 04:07 AM
I raise and if reraised just go into call down mode

clownshoes
07-29-2005, 05:58 AM
I would be pretty tempted to cap the flop. If not, then definitely raise the turn and call down a 3bet.

Transference
07-29-2005, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hen definitely raise the turn and call down a 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im capping the turn against this guy

GetThere1Time
07-29-2005, 06:40 AM
If he's overaggressive, I'm capping the flop, but barring any reads I have a hard time capping here. What range of hands do you put him on? A lot of limper type hands hit the board better than you did. The K on the turn doesn't change much. If we can't cap the flop then we can't raise the turn, unless you think you're waiting to get in more money with the best hand. If we raise the turn and get 3-bet our hand kind of sucks and we have to pay off a river bet for sure.

The problem is that if he has a worse hand he likely has around 7 outs against us and if he has the best hand we likely have 4-11 outs against him. So, I'm not a real big fan of dumping money in on the turn here just so that the limper can tell us if we're beat or not. I think if we just cap the flop, we can react better to villians turn action.

If we cap and on the turn:
1) the villian leads again after we cap it we can slow down and call down with the possible best hand and at worse 4 outs.
2) get c/r'ed, its still worth a call down here since we definitely have to call the turn with potential outs and are faced with 1 more BB in a big pot on the river.
3) the villian c/c's, we can expect to have a winner and can value bet

If we call the flop and raise the turn:
1) and the villian 3-bets we're in huge trouble here but have to call the turn and thus end up having to call the river.
2) and the villian calls, we can bet most rivers here barring a J or Q.

So best case scenario(we have the best hand), we win an extra .5BB if we raise the turn. Worse case scenario(we're crushed), we save .5BB when we just cap the flop. So I think its close though capping the flop allows the villian to reveal the strength of his hand more and thus allows us to play the hand better. I lean to the ol' flop cap.

cartman
07-29-2005, 06:40 AM
The only hands that he would possibly have limped with preflop that you are currently behind are QJ, KT, and K9 (and he quite possible would have raised with those. I doubt he would have led the flop instead of checkraising with any of these. I would swim a river of @%#$ to get to the raise button when he leads out on the turn. I am probably capping the turn against this opponent also.

Cartman

07-29-2005, 12:51 PM
Based on your read, villian could have a Q or a J and is betting a gutshot, with a possible pair (i.e. QT, JT, Q9). I would raise the turn and cap if 3-bet. If he leads the river, I call unless an A, K, T, 9 fall, in which case I raise and cap. If he checks I b/c any non Q J, check through a Q J.

07-29-2005, 12:57 PM
On this flop, you need to keep showing aggression against this sort of opponent until he 3 bets you on the turn. If he backs off, keep betting. So I'd cap the flop, and raise the turn, and call down any three-bet.

iluzion
07-29-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would be pretty tempted to cap the flop. If not, then definitely raise the turn and call down a 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think one or the other is needed.

Cancuk
07-29-2005, 01:04 PM
I cap the flop against a overly aggressive opponent. I also raise the turn and if he makes it 3, i call down.

cheers.

redbeard
07-29-2005, 09:27 PM
a river of *#@! sounds like andy dufrain you should change your username to the shawshank man